Chapter 19

"Kina I-"

"Please don't speak Thomas I just need to think"
The poet nodded, Kina opened her arms wide signaling that she wanted a hug from him. He walked towards her and embraced the young girl tightly, her head hit his waistcoat gently as she exhaled a long sigh.

"Kina may I ask you a question?" Thomas muttered slowly and she nodded in response.

"Didn't you say your dad was dead?"

"He is...that's the thing I don't know how he could have killed me plus he loved our family so much he would never do that"

"I don't know dear I don't know"....

"That poor girl has gone through hell and back first dying, now knowing her father who is supposedly deadwaa the one who killed her, I shouldn't have a said a damned thing"

"Hey Cap look calm down it's ok this isn't your fault we just need to buckle down and try to rationally solve this" Pat spoke with empathy for the worrying Captain, the Cap smiled slowly reassuring the friendly scout leader that he was ok.

"Thank you my good man I don't know what we'd do without you" he spoke quietly.
Pat chuckled and replied "no trouble at really I'm just looking out for my friends that's all"

Suddenly the cap shot up and placed his stick under him armpit as per usual, he had a somewhat determined look on his face.

"Right gather all the ghost's apart from Kina and Thomas QUICK SHARP SOLDIER!"
In a panic Pat got up quickly nodding continously and rushing around before leaving promptly.

About 20 minutes later Pat had gathered all the ghosts into the main living room bar the exceptions of Kina and Thomas as he didn'twant to cause anymore stress to the two and the possibly that Thomas was comforting her wherever they were made Captain not want to interrupt them.

"Well what is you boring old cod I have a horse bet I'd like to get back to if you don't mind" Julian mumbled.

Pat raised his eyebrow and displayed a confused expression on his face asking "But your dead how can you even bet?"

"Well when I mean bet I mean imagination but still that's not the point I'd like to get back to it so hurry up!"

The Captain intervened quickly announcing loud enough for them all to hear.

"Right when you are most certainly done blithering on about your stupid little time consumers I have brought you all here to help in finding the father of Miss Kina and bring him to justice for what he's done or are you 'too' busy for that huh Julian?"

Julian's eyes widened in guilt as he looked down to the ground in despair, he nodded his head slowly not saying anything else.

Cap straightened his uniform and proceeded to pace back and forth amongst the other ghosts.

"So how exactly do you plan on catching this wretched man?" Fanny spoke up crossing her arms slightly.

Just then Robin spoke up, anger and hatred for that man was laced in his voice "Me go to woods wait for mean man who hurt Kina and me smash rock on head like me do with wooly mammoth work every time"

"That's fine and everything Robin but one your dead and can't pick up stuff,  two we don't know where her father is and three he's already dead so it'd be pointless" Pat stated calmly.

"THEN BRING HIM BACK TO LIFE AND KILL THE BASTARD AGAIN!" Fanny shouted angrily, all the ghost's were taken back by her brash behaviour she'd never sworn ever in front of them so they knew that situation had gotten to her.

"Now now everyone I think we all need to calm down shouting isn't going to solve anything" Pat stated.

"For once I actually agree with you wherever this little shit is if he knows we're getting worked up he'll know he's won now" Julian stated as a matter of fact making Pat shocked beofe he continued placing a finger on his chin, "I know we all want revenge and we all care for Kina but we need to think this through we hardly know anything of this man apart from the fact he his related to her, that he is in fact dead and thathe killed her"

"He died when she was young so how could he have killed her ghosts can't leave from the place of their deat-" just then Mary spoke up cutting of Captain swiftly.

"Maybe he's dieds ons the grounds here"

Everyone stopped in their tracks quickly turning there attention to the burnt peasants.

She shrugged shaking her head "or not me is probably wrong all the smoke gone to me head"

Captain ran well quickly limped over  to Mary grabbing her by the shoulders "Mary you absolute genius well done!"

The other ghosts clapped making her blushing slightly under all the coal and dirt on her face.

The Captain straightened up placing his stick once again under his armpit and turning his attention back to all the ghost's before promptly smiling and announcing in a authoritive voice.

"RIGHT I WANT ALL THE GROUND THAT WE CAN POSSIBLY WALK AND EXPLORE ON HERE SEARCHED FOR ANY SIGN OF A MAN OR DEATH OF A ANOTHER HERE, YOU ALL KNOW WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE AND I HOPE THAT IF ANY OF YOU SEE HIM YOU CAPTURE THE BLOODY SOD AND BRING HIM STRAIGHT HERE... NOW ARE YOU WITH ME!?"

The Ghosts all cheered hyping everyone up before quickly separating and going to find that wretched man who claims himself as Kina's father.

Captain sighed in relief and shortly after went on the search himself.  He decided to place himself near the front entrance of the Button premises as the other ghosts weren't there and started to look around.

Under bushes. Nothing.
Round and up trees. Nothing.
Near the fences. Noth-

A rustle was heard from the nearby by oak tree that stood a bit further down from the entrance that Cap hadn't checked yet.

The Cap cautiously wandered down to where the noise came from taking extra precautions as he wanted to be steathly and not risk losing sight of the possible missing man everyone had been looking for.

Eventually he quietly approached the tree and pulled himself carefully around the corner and that's when he saw it.

"You....

There's no where to run now".

Yooo I'm back, I'm really am terrible at updating sorry lmao.
Hopefully you'll all enjoy this, this story is finalllyyy going to be coming to a close but yeah enjoy. Love you all -NW