"No sir. I've taken liking in potions, a healer sounds great to me as of now."

"Very interesting," He said with another smile. The questions he's asking are like he's trying to see why I'm a disappointment to the family, definitely wasn't just stupid. Just testing out my patience.

"Your sister, Fleur, a great example to everyone isn't she?" He gave me another fake smile. He was implying I should be more like her, it was obvious. Before I could respond, the sounds of Violins and other instruments echoed through the ballroom as people started to partner up and dance.

"Well if you'll excuse me Miss Clermont, it was nice to meet you," He walked away giving me a nod and I gave him the fakest smile I could ever make.

"May I?" I turned around to see Draco putting his hand out. He changed a lot during the summer, definitely got a lot more taller and his face was better looking than ever. I would've taken his hand right away if I hadn't known his personality, he was looking so good today.

"In your dreams," I said. Although he may look hot, he's an arse on the inside.

"I don't want to dance with you either Clermont but smile, our parents are looking," He smirked as he raised his eyebrows. Behind his shoulders in a distance, I really did see my parents looking at me. My mother and I made eye contact as she gestured her head to take his hand.

"Of course," I said sarcastically placing my hand in his. He led me to the dance floor and placed one hand on my waist as we started to dance. We danced among many other guests but if I was being honest, we stood out the most. He was a great dancer and so was I but I really couldn't focus on anything. He really did change a lot over the summer. Much taller and his eyes were beautiful, I couldn't help but stare.

"Fallen in love with me?" Draco said as he lifted me up and back down continuing to dance along the music.

"I'm too good for you."

"Good? I wouldn't say using poly juice potion is good," He scffed. My eyes widened as my heart sank. He knows.

"How did you know?"

"Recognized Potter's glasses from a mile away. Pansy would also be clinging on to me like usual but sat up straight just like you do."

"You knew from the start? Then why did you tell us what your father had said."

"That's none of your business Clermont," He spat. Well in a way it was, but I wasn't going to bother. The music stopped and Draco escorted me back off the dance floor to the very back.

"You shouldn't be hanging out with those idiots," He said. It was obvious who he was referring to when he said 'those idiots'.

"I would rather choose them over your little minions," I frowned.

"Mr. Malfoy and Miss Clermont! You two make a fantastic pair," My face expression quickly turned back into a smile as Minister Fudge walked up. His eyes were glued onto Draco and didn't even look at me.

"Thank you sir," I said with a smile.

"Would you two want to join in our picture?" He says pointing towards the two of our families standing in front of a grand staircase.

"Of course sir," We followed Fudge's lead to our families. I stood on the left side of Fudge arms linked with Draco and smiled. The reporter from the daily prophet snapped a quick picture letting out bright flash that blinded my eyes, but I kept my smile consistent.

"You look gorgeous today by the way, and you heard him, we do make a great pair," Draco whispered in my ear before walking away. My face started to heat up, I could tell I was turning red.

~***~

The picture of Draco's family and my family with Fudge got on the second page of the daily prophet. It was no surprise since many important people attend the Malfoy ball. I looked at the photo, examining my arm around Draco's arm remembering the feeling of his muscles. On the front page was a photo of the infamous Sirius Black, alleged death eater. He had escaped from Azkaban and was on the move.

"Evelyn, can I come in?" Dad knocked on my door. I closed the newspaper and placed it on my desk and opened the door for him. He was leaving to France today with my 7 year old sister, Gabrielle, and Fleur. Headmistress of Beauxbatons wanted to meet Gabrielle already.

"Got an owl from the Minister, a request to bring Harry Potter to the Leaky Cauldron. He wanted to speak to him there."

"What for?"

"Sirius Black," He replied with a firm voice. I nodded understandingly.

"I'm afraid I can't take you there myself, if you don't want to I can ask somebody else but-"

"That's alright, I can take the knight bus," I interrupted him. Are you kidding, I haven't seen Harry in forever! Why would I ever pass up on such an opportunity.

"Number 4 Privet Drive, he's being taken care by the Dudleys. You should start heading there now," he said and I nodded. He gave me a hug, a genuine one, and I was a little thrown back at first but hugged him back.

"Stay safe Evelyn," He said before leaving. Quickly, I need to look as good as possible. He's my best friend I've known ever since I was 11 but I still wanted to look good when I meet him. I basically went through my whole entire closet to find one I thought was best and headed out to the Dudley's.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)