002 | beautiful kalopsia

ASH 

Ash was never fond of cramped places. And he certainly didn't expected that people would be actually coming to a café as old as this one. It was probably a vintage from the looks of it, adorned with red roses tied together in faded blue ribbons. The waitresses and waiters were constantly on move due to the amount of people that had decided to spend their afternoon in this café. 

The delicious aroma of cappuccino and coffee filled the air as Ash suddenly felt at ease. The atmosphere was absolutely soothing and calming. Even though, it was bustling with life, Ash could practically feel himself in his comfy room back home. 

"Damn, this place is totally crowded" Gary complained but didn't bother to hide his drooling from his friends over the vanilla cupcakes. To a stranger, it might appear as if he was a pervert eyeing the waitress but his friends knew better. If anything, he would actually rather be attracted more to cupcakes than women when asked in comparison. 

The waitress gave him a weird and flustered look but a piercing one as well which went unnoticed by Gary. She might as well looked like she wanted to punch him if only her hands weren't full. 

"I know but the coffee here is completely worth it" Drew assured as he guided the trio at an empty table in the corner beside the wall far behind. They sat down and sighed, finally able to breathe properly after getting out from between the people. It was almost winter so the weather had became cooler. 

Ash felt a relaxing breeze on his tanned skin as he observed the clouds that were beginning to form over the city. His eyes fell on a couple that were walking on the other side of the street, cuddling and happily walking without a care as of to what others thought. He remembered the time when Miette used to cling to him like that and used to narrate how couples need to kiss and cuddle and nonsensical ideas that made Ash cringe. 

He is going to be blunt about it - he neither missed her nor her stupid ideas. 

"Welcome, messieurs~ My name is May. What can I do for you?" A bubbly and chirpy voice broke Ash out of his thoughts as he looked at the waitress. Her wavy middle-lenght brown locks were tucked in a ponytail and her playful yet straightforward pale blue eyes seemed to glimmer under the lights of the café. She looked like an average woman but had her own charms. 

Suddenly, Ash realized something. She was the same waitress that Gary was supposedly eyeing, which he was not because he was too caught up drooling over the cupcakes. 

"Hey there. I would have a caramel mocha please" Drew smiled gently at her. She nodded and wrote it down on her notepad almost immediately before turning to Ash. 

"A black coffee for me" Ash dismissed without another word and even though he noticed the woman frowning a bit at his reserved personality, she nodded yet again and wrote it down as well before turning to Gary. 

Her eyes narrowed a bit as she took a good look at Gary before pointing an accusing finger at him. "Hey, you were the one that was checking me out like a perv back there! Mind explaining your actions?" 

Drew was quick to notice the fuming anger on the brunette's face which clearly showed that she had misunderstood Gary's actions. He hastily jumped to apologize for the misunderstanding on his friend's behalf but Gary grinned before he could say a word. 

"Chill out, I wasn't checking you out" he raised his hands in defense but with a sly smile before mumbling. "Its not like you have something that attracts attention. I mean, who checks out a woman that looks like a walking crêpe after all. Couldn't they send someone better?"