001 | cupid momentum

ASH

ASH

Paris - the city of love. 

To the world it was a couple's dream destination, but to Ash Ketchum — the heir of the most exotic and expensive chain of restaurants, it was a mere place for perfect business deals. Love was never his thing anyways, overall his love life completely sucked. 

While his mother, Delia Ketchum the owner of the whole lot of restaurant chains, blamed it on him, he believed that it was to be blamed on the business. It was certainly his money and charismatic looks that caught the attention of many. Nobody even bothered to warm upto his true personality. 

Perhaps that was the reason why he dated only one girl in his entire lifespan of twenty two years. That too on the pressure from his mother. Her name was and most probably still is Miette Millefuei. 

She was beautiful like any typical rich girl taking care of her looks and going to spa every weekend. But her beauty was parallel to her psyche. She was - in simple words - egotistical. Her ego might as well fit seven seas in it, according to Ash. 

Boys would kill to date somebody from such a secured and wealthy background with the plus point of her seductive looks. But to Ash it was plain nonsense. He had was scrolling on his phone, almost inattentive to the chauffer informing him about Delia asking for him.

A message came on his phone as rolled his eyes when they fell on the number. He had deleted it many times but nothing seemed to get past Miette's thick skull. They had planned to stay on friendly terms after their parting but the blue head's advances were making him think that she wasn't actually trying to stay as friends. 

He didn't even bother to read it as he stuffed his phone in the pocket. The limo passed the huge silver gates guarded with tight security. Ash walked out as soon as the limo came to a halt and stepped inside the mansion.  

He made his way to his home on the fiftieth floor. The servants greeted him as he curtly nodded his head and closed the door as soon as he was in his room. The room was painted in white, silver glossing carefully creating patterns on the walls. 

Ash plopped on his bed carelessly as he shut his eyes. He had been tired working day and night without a break. The business was soaring and he wanted to keep it that way. 

It was half an hour later when he heard a gentle knock on his door. He groaned, not in a mood to get up but it wasn't like he had a choice. He stood up and straightened his clothes. "Come in" 

The door opened to reveal Ms Kendra who smiled warmly at the man. She was a lady in her early 50's just like Delia. Ash had known her for fifteen years and over the years he saw her as his second mother. She was tall and slim with sunkissed skin and burnished brown hair in a professional bun.

She placed her emerald eyes on Ash and gave yet another heart melting smile. "Master Ash, your mother is expecting you at her office this instant" 

"I will be there" Ash replied as the older woman withdrawed from the room. He wanted to rest a little longer and possibly not go at all but that wasn't a very wise idea on his behalf. He usually avoided his mother at working hours because she tended to be pretty serious.