020 | retrouvailles reunion

SERENA

SERENA

"Are you okay?"

Serena snapped out of her trance, spotting Misty looking at her worriedly. They were in the middle of the photoshoot that the honey blonde had promised to do for Misty's upcoming underwater ballet show.

Or more like, Gary had persuaded her into doing it.

"I-I am sorry" Serena stammered, embarrassed. "What were you saying?"

But Misty's worried gaze hovered over her. "Are you not feeling well, Serena? Should we postpone -"

"I am really fine" The sapphire-eyed woman reassured her. "I don't want to hold you guys up any more too. You don't have to worry about me."

"If you say so" Misty gave in reluctantly. Then a big smile lit up her face as she clapped her hands, getting the attention of everyone.

"Everyone! We are starting in ten! Take your positions!" She ordered. The photographer and models nodded, the make-up artists and stylists rushing to help the latter.

A nervous feeling knotted itself at the bottom of Serena's stomach as she glanced around. A part of her felt scared. What if she ended up making a fool out of herself in front of all these people and Misty?

Another part of her felt that the money for the risk was promising. She had offered to do it without thinking of money but Misty had insisted that she will be paid like everyone else.

Serena couldn't say no. She had a handful of things she needed to do and for them, she needed cash.

"I will be right back, k?" Misty said, stroding off to her dressing room. Serena watched her go and plopped on a portable chair, her hands cupping her cheeks.

She sighed. A lot of things changed since she came back from Hawaii. But nothing had changed more than her relationship with Ash. Ash, the biggest problem.

She always thought herself to be a bit more perceptive than others but Ash was awfully divulging the impression that he was avoiding her.

He would greet her awkwardly when they would run into each other and would always be out of his office, so much so that the honey blonde had spent a week without doing anything.

It irked her but she kept telling herself to be patient. After all, she was the one who had messed up - what was supposed to be a very sorted confrontation - and now the timing was off.

She had texted Calem a couple of days ago, starting with a friendly hi and
It's Serena. I have something important to tell you text. He had left her on read and Serena wasn't sure what to make out of it.