010 | trouvaille accident

ASH 

ASH 

Ash could barely keep his irritation in check by the time he finished telling Leaf everything that has happened in the past few days. She would every so often jump up in surprise, glare at him and roll her eyes. It was getting so damn annoying for him. He sighed when Leaf frowned, crossing her arms.  

"What is wrong with you, Ash?" Leaf questioned, furrowing her eyebrows in exasperation. "You can't be trying to hide it all. I suggest you to immediately admit your mistake to Serena and apologize to her. She doesn't sound like someone who would throw a tantrum unnecessarily as she did accept your offer despite you both getting on the wrong foot"

"I am sure you missed the part of the café" Ash rolled his eyes but frowned soon after whilst ruffling his hair. "Although, I also don't think she is bad. Naive, but can prove to be quite sharp at the same time. And her personality? It's like you are reading an open book. I am damn sure that woman can't even lie properly and that is one of the main reasons why I want to take her to Hawaii with me"

Leaf hummed, leaning back. "I see. Basically you are worried that aunt will catch onto everything if she decides to drop by unexpectedly? Well, not even a pro liar can get through her, if you ask me" 

"Right?" Ash groaned. "I don't want this issue to get out in public. You know how media is; always trying to spoil our reputation by creating small problems into bigger troubles. And my mom won't exactly be going easy on me if she finds out that I was indirectly the reason for the accident. I don't want to get shipped to Greenland never ever again"

"Welp, looks like you are for a pretty rough ride ahead, Cuz" Leaf whistled in a low tone as she propped her arms on the table while cupping her cheeks. She shook her head as her brown hair flew in every direction. "But I still think that its better for you to admit it rather than cover up for it" 

Ash frowned. "I know but I was hoping to tell Serena after she realizes that I had no bad intentions and whatever happened was merely a mistake. Unfortunately, it would take sometime for her to trust me. Once she gets to trust me, she will understand that I meant no harm"

"And why exactly do you think she will understand after she gets to trust you and not now?" the brunette inquired, tilting her head to the side. Her brown eyes a shade lighter than her cousins glimmered in curiosity. Ash narrowed his eyes swiftly. 

"She will think that I did this for my ego" he replied and continued to elaborate when the brunette gave him a confused look. "It happened right after our nasty fight with each other in the café. It was a simple coincidence but rather unfortunate one too as the one who got hurt was none other than her best friend - who actually is the root of this. I am afraid that she might take this in the wrong way" 

Before Leaf could reply, a knock cut through their conversation before Serena's head poked from the other side. Ash tensed up, not sure whether she heard their conversation or not. But he relaxed when she smiled "I have done the work you have given me. Where should I drop this file?"