022 | fractured souls

ASH

ASH

Ash anxiously paced around the room, casting glances outside. He had been trying to finish his work for the past two hours but only got half of it done. He knew better than to give another try and had left it for later.

His eyes snapped to the window when he heard noises from the outside; he discreetly made his way and peeped out. His heart thumped - the face of Serena being the first thing he saw.

She talked with Bonnie animatedly, her lips parting comically when she laughed. Her face glowed when she smiled.

He saw her big blue eyes widening at something Bonnie said, the surprise in them all too visible.

Ash smiled disdainfully. She looked happy while he looked like a mess. It hurt him to think that he was the only one who had been constantly tormented by their fractured relationship.

He closed the curtains before she could see him.

SERENA

Serena sank further in the jacuzzi, the tiredness she felt getting washed away along with the dirt. Her mind continued to wander to her brief conversation with Bonnie.

She ran into the lemon blonde, who was going out to the movies with her friends, when she had come back after meeting with Calem.

"It's his birthday in three days!" She had gushed. "I am giving him a hand-knitted sweater! What are you going to give him, Serena?"

Serena, who had been clueless and put on the spot, lied that she hadn't decided yet. Of course she didn't say that Ash hadn't told her. Although a part of her felt hurt, she told herself that she deserved it. 

She had decided to give him a nice, meaningful gift but she realised that there were limited things she could do.

"Haizz, I can't even sew" The honey blonde sighed dejectedly, discarding her thoughts of making something with her hands.