Chapter 19: The Next Successor

Izuku walked along Dagobah Beach in a standard track suit uniform, sighing to himself. It has been a few days since Iida was announced class representative of class 1-A, and since Aizawa announced the Sports Festival Event would start about a week from then. Izuku was using this time to learn a bit more about his quirks he had stockpiled, and training up his body for the Festival.

While jogging, his phone beeped and vibrates on his leg. He quickly stops and pulls it out. It was AllMight, asking him to come to the pier of Dagobah Beach so they could chat. Izuku smiles and jogs over time the pier, interested in what his all time favorite hero has to say.

Once he arrived, he saw Toshinori, as skeletal and thin as ever, sitting on a bench in the pier alone, sipping on some coffee. He looks over and smiles "ah, young Midorya! That was fast!"

Izuku smiles and hops the piers wooden railing. "Well...I was already on the beach jogging when you texted."

Toshinori shrugs. "I guess, in a way, it was convenient timing, eh?" He smiles and looks down a bit, putting his coffee to the side.

Izuku walks up to Toshinori and sits down next to him. "May I ask why you asked me to be here?" He says.

Toshinori sighs a bit, and looks at him. "I wish I could say it was for congratulations on staying in UA thus far without trouble, or handling that hostage thing without hassle...but...it appears I have a more serious thing to ask of you..." Toshinori says.

"I-is...is it another villain group...? Is your time limit reduced..?" Izuku says worriedly

Toshinori smiles "no, no....my quirk is fine thanks to you....you've managed to get rid of any tough villains before I got there...meaning that I didn't go over my limit." He says, with a smile.

Izuku can't help but smile back. "I...I did...? I didn't even realize...I just helped to help...I felt like...that was my duty and life.." he says "I can't help but feel sad when I see someone I can't save...but...when i can save them...even if it risks my life...I wouldn't hesitate..."

Toshinori smiles, and sighs. "Young man...today is why I wanted to bring you here..I needed to ask you of something." He says.

Izuku looks over with a confused look. "..and that is..?"

"Well..." Toshinori sighs "do you know what my quirk is...Exactly..?"

Izuku looks at him and shrugs. "I assumed it was a strength enhancement quirk, along with some durability enhancements and such...." he says. "...I...study quirks a lot.."

Toshinori laughs. "That's not the true nature of it...." he says. He looks to Izuku again "my quirk is called One for All..."

Izuku looked a bit...shocked. "Like...it's the opposite of...mine..." he says.

"Well; it's because All for One...your father, many years ago, created it....it's intended use was to torture his brother for being quirk-less...but...his brother wasn't. He had a stockpile quirk. One for All increases in power exponentially with each and every user it's passed down...I'm currently it's 8th user..." Toshinori says.

Izuku was...well, both confused and amazed. He looked around, seeing no one around to overhear them, and then, asks a question that seems fitting for this moment. "Why...tell me all of this...?"

Toshinori smiles. "Young man....I want you to be my next successor....I mean..." he looks at him. "You've demonstrated time and time again your will to become a true hero...you've fought long and hard from the harassment you got for your current quirk...and you never abuse the power that was given to you.." he says. "I want you to be the next user...because you have the guts to be a true hero.." he says with a smile.