Chapter 8: A True Hero

Izuku could hear loud crashes and booms coming from behind him. He slowly turns his head, both in curiosity and fear, and his jaw drops. He payed attention to the exam tutorial, and heard about so many of these robots. He looks at this massive behemoth turn the corner, locking its eye on the crowd as it slowly makes its way forward. All Izuku could see was dark green metal, a red eye, and in white paint, a single 0.

Izuku heard a student behind him yell, "oh my god...it's...the zero pointer!" Before the footsteps of fearful students start to run behind him. Even the ones in front of him could be heard and seen screaming and running in fear.

Izuku was just about to run back, making his natural instinct take over, and turns, before he hears a voice behind him. A yelp of pain from a familiar voice. He turns slowly to see that familiar blush and bright hair that was Ochaco.

She was pinned to the ground, yelling, pleading out for help. "H-help...s-someone...my leg....it's stuck...I can't reach..." she says, desperately clawing at the debris that enclosed her leg, but nothing could be done. She looks up as the 0 pointer drew near, with fear. She starts to tear up. "I...I'll die...help...help...me..." she cries out.

Izuku couldn't believe the sight that befell him. Suddenly, a drive kicked in and he ran towards the approaching enemy. He didn't care about the robot. For now, he had only one thing on his mind....to save one of his only true friends.
———————————————————————
The teachers inside the monitoring room were nervously staring at the screen, looking at the sights before them. The rodent looking teacher yells out. "Quick! Someone shut off that 0 po-"

Suddenly, AllMight stops him. "No..." he says. He looked dead serious to the rodent, and to the rest of the people in the room.

Mrs. Midnight, who had gotten into the room after handing out uniforms, yelled at AllMight. "What the hell?! You know that thing would kill her if..."

AllMight points to the screen to the kid running at the scene. "True heroes will always run into the fray to save a life.." he smiles more. "Your about to see what a true hero looks like!" He smiles.

The other teachers stare in amazement. This one kid, of all people, looked relatively weak, and yet, without hesitation, was running to this girl. They prayed he would be successful.
———————————————————————
Back in the testing area, Izuku finally runs to Ochaco. He frantically looks to her and starts to clear the smaller debris away.

Ochaco looks up and blushes a bit, but instantly starts to look concerned. "I-Izuku...." she says "p-please leave me! I won't let you die with-"

"DON'T SAY THAT!" He screams as he tries to use his slime quirk to lift the debris. It was to heavy, though. His slime could pack a punch, but it wasn't made for lifting. He looks down. "I...I can't lift it...I..." he looks to Ochaco with some sort of panic "I CAN'T LIFT IT!"

Ochaco gasps a bit, and looks to the robot as it draws near. "Izuku...just...leave.."

Izuku looks to her and then, realizes there's only one way out of this. He remembers seeing glimpses of Ochaco, touching objects and making them float, then, "releasing" them to hit the ground.

"Ochaco...I have...a way...it may sound bad..but..." he looks into her eyes "if you let me use your quirk...I'll give it back after I save you, but please.." he tears up. "I wanna save you!"

Ochaco blushes, and looks towards Izuku "y...you wanna..." she looks at Izuku, and nods. "Please...do." She says "do what you must...I..trust you..." she says.

Izuku nods, and slowly places a hand on Ochacos arm, and black and red lightning shoots out. To her, it was painless, since it was out of her own free will that he was taking her quirk. Izuku still looked at her with some concern, but seeing she wasn't in pain, he continued to take her quirk.
———————————————————————
The teachers stared in awe. Even this surprised AllMight. "What...the hell is he doing?!" The tired looking man says. "Is he hurting her?! Stop the-"