Chapter 21 | The Coronation?

Start from the beginning

I head back to my desk and take my seat. Closing and eyes taking a deep breath I mentally prepare myself. "Ms. Whitman-" The door is opened in a rush and Rick enters in, running a hand through his messed up dark brown hair. In his grey suit with his white linen shirt open at the collar. My mouth dries up at the sight.

He regards me with a fixed gaze. His dazed blue eyes boring into mine. Tension builds slowly but steadily.

"Sienna, could you wait outside for a moment?" I address her tearing my gaze away from Rick. She nods gratefully and exits. As the door shuts fully, he saunters up to me. Just like a predator circling its prey. His warm breath, draws goosebumps on my skin.

As soon as his lips press to mine, my whole body is on fire.

I don't know whether it's the stress, frustration, sexual tension or the mere physical attraction or the sight of him after quite a long day but this feels relieving. I feel for once that I'm doing something that I'm confident with. The gentle, soft kiss, turns wild as he runs his hands along my arms.

My fingers weaves into his hair, tugging at their ends and he pulls me closer, if that's even possible. He tips my head back by tugging the end of my ponytail and peppers my jaw with feather like kisses. Just as he slams me against the wall a vibration startles us.

          Withdrawing his phone from his pocket, he throws it aside, crashing his lips onto mine hungrily. It falls on the creamy couch bounces and hits the floor.

            "Rick.. no.... no," I splay my hands on his chest pushing him away and he slowly backs off.

        "Is this needed right now?" I ask him as he lays his forehead against mine.

       "The kiss?"

        Moving away from him I shake my head. "Not the kiss. The Coronation," I elaborate.
"Sorry about the kiss though, too much adrenaline rush from running," he shrugs. "Are you?" I ask him. He smirks at me, shaking his head.

        "Anyways about the Coronation, we need to have it anyway. Why not now?" He asks shrugging. "Seriously, Rick? After the fire and everything?"

        The day after Adele's fiasco, there was a fire at the pack hospital. A planted mini bomb to be specific. Fortunately, all escaped with a few minor injuries. Only because it was at a rarely used wing of the hospital.

        "I know. But it's fine. Rumors will start going around the other packs too if you're not crowned soon. Besides, this will help the pack members as a good distraction. We have multiplied our patrols too."

       "He's got a point. This has to happen sooner," my wolf interjects. I cross my arms and let out an exasperated sigh. Turning away from him, I look out of the French windows.

       "Then what about this event planning and everything? It sounds so... Fancy.""It's supposed to be fancy, Angel. You're the Queen," he says wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me to his chest and rests his head on the crook of my neck. I stall rolling my eyes as my wolf swoons at the simple gesture.

         "Yes I know, Sienna can be a little over dramatic. But she really is good in her work. Trust me. Everything will be handled. Name it and it will be done. Besides I want this to be your dream come true too. This is an occasion that happens for every monarch. I want this to be one of the highlights in our monarchy. Please be cooperative," he implores at me with puppy-dog look.

          I look elsewhere and remain silent trying to avoid his gaze. "Well, if you still don't want this to happen. After I told you all of this. Then, let it to be your wish," he concludes in a tired tone with his shoulders slumped. "He's done so much for you, Blythe. All you have to do is choose decor and strut about in gowns," my wolf intervenes. She always supports her mate.