Chapter 12 | I Never Meant To

This chapter is dedicated to kristy_xoxo  who was the first one to vote and comment on my book.

**********

"If you hear a song that makes you cry and you don't want to cry anymore, you don't listen to that song anymore.
But you can't get away from yourself. You can't decide not to see yourself anymore. You can't decide to turn off the noise in your head."
-Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why

**********

***********

***********

        Frowning at her, "What? I don't understand what you're trying to say," I reply confusedly. "You know, when mind linking people often tend to leave their links open. Sometimes Jake and Chris tended to do that, so I had picked parts of their conversations. They talked about rejections. And that was about two years ago. But even yesterday, they discussing something. All of their talks involved rejections, mates and Alpha. I thought they were random but, now to think, about two years ago Rick was closed off and everything... That means..." She trails.

"Yeah... You're right, I had rejected him." Her head snaps up to my eyes as the words leave my lips.

Closing my eyes, I shrug myself nonchalantly as a shiver runs through me.

"Generally all receive their wolves at the age of sixteen, right? Well, I didn't. I received it at the age of eighteen. Much to my dismay, it was super powerful. It got pissed off easily and couldn't contain itself. I was an elemental. My emotions affected the nature too. In addition to that I had inherited some of my mom's magic too."

"That is, including dark magic. My body couldn't contain it. I heard voices inside myself overpowering my own decisions. I didn't know how to control myself. Nobody knew how to. My emotions got stronger, my actions odder, my thinking weaker, and my magic darker."

"I remember when I was five, my mom's eyes turn black when she did dark magic and that was not often. But after about two months after turning eighteen, my eyes became permanent pitch black. A small part of me knew it wasn't right, but I couldn't help it. These malicious voices in my mind instructed me to do the worst and I found myself doing it."

"Mr. and Mrs. Norwell were always second parents to me. Theo was always a father figure to me. Aaron and I had always called him dad and his wife, Mrs. Emily Norwell, mom. Theo couldn't bear seeing me in pain. He took me to one of his dad's friends, a seer named Anna. The day I met her was the unforgettable day in my life."

"She said something that put me into grief. As soon as she saw me she was caught up in a trance. Her eyes were clouded. She foresaw a prophecy. Her exact words were..."