I: Asthma Attack

Evelyn's POV

"Evelyn Nicks!" The teacher called, nonchalantly. I raised my hand, without looking up.

"Evelyn, please say 'Here'" The teacher said, obviously annoyed.

"Here" I called out, still not looking up. I could almost feel the teacher rolling her eyes at me. Everyone knew that Mrs. Polaris and I had a...tense relationship, for lack of a better term. 

"Hey Nicks” Mandy, the popular girl, hissed from behind me. I ignored her.

"Hey, I asked you a question!" She said. I sighed and turned around. Unfortunately for me, I was seated right in front of her, with her two little airheads on either side of me.

"Actually you didn't. All you said was 'Hey Nicks'" I said, and then turned back around, facing my desk.

"Whatever. I was going to ask you a question" She paused, waiting for my answer. It never came.

"Aren't you going to ask what the question is?" She asked, annoyed. I scoffed.

"No" I said. Mandy 'Hmph'-ed, but continued.

"I was going to ask if you were going to the dance on Friday" I turned around, facing her. She was staring at her perfectly pink manicured nails judgingly.

"Why on earth would I go to a juvenile dance for stuck up snobs that only just stand around and do nothing?" I asked.  She glared at me, but quickly lost interest. I turned around and continued to write my list. Okay, you should know that I have a list of traits that my dream guy has.

10. Doesn't pester.

11. Doesn't look through belonging without permission

I looked at it and erases the 'without permission' part. No guy should look through any girls stuff even if they have their permission. 

"Alright class, today, we are having a pop quiz!" A groan chorused through the class "but you will have all the period to complete it, and then you can go home"

I smiled to myself. Math was my best subject and Mrs. Polaris would probably let me go home early because I'll probably finish my test first. I looked at the clock. 2:30. An hour till school ends. Mrs. Polaris gave me my test and I began. I finished it in under thirty minutes. I stood up and handed it to Mrs. Polaris.

"Am I free to go?" I asked. She frowned, but nodded. I smiled and left the class. I walked out the front doors and almost instantly, smelled smoke. I began to cough, and I looked around for who was smoking. A tall boy who had black hair and blue eyes who was wearing black clothing and was actually kinda cute.

"Excuse me...cough...can you...cough...put that...cough...out?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Why should I? For all I know, you could be fake coughing" He said. Another horrendous wave. I had to steady myself against the wall. My vision began to fog up.

"Please...cough, cough...I'm highly...cough, cough, cough...asthmatic" I wheezed. He snorted and blew smoke in my face. I coughed even more and soon enough, I was on my hand and knees, trying to get an actual breath. I knew I was having an asthma attack, but I hadn't had one this bad since I was six, and I'm seventeen now.

"Call...cough, cough, wheeze...an...cough, cough...ambulance" Was all I got out before I fell to the ground, unconscious.