Chapter 12

IRENE

"Who's going to watch the finale of big brother naija with me on Sunday?" Ola asked. We were in her room on Friday night for our girls hang out night or sleepover as many would put it.

I snorted loudly "That dumb show. A group of adults in a house fooling themselves, I'll pass." I declared going through my social media pages.

"C'mon." Kiki started. "Just because you don't like a show doesn't mean you should write it off in that way."
Osaze closed her laptop she had her head in all the while and tossed it aside. "I do agree with Irene, that show is pointless." she said laying down on the bed.

"I also don't like the show but it shouldn't be that bad. I mean, Zion watches it all the time." Kiki said picking up her phone from the coffee table right in front of the coach she was seated in.

"TY watches it also." Osaze added. I watched Ola blush at the mention of his name and an Idea occurred to me. "Hey, why don't you..." I started and pointed at Ola. "...ask TY to watch it with you on Sunday."

Kiki nodded at my idea. "Yeah, that's cool. You should ask him." Ola fixed her gaze on her fancy shoe rack at the end of the room. "I don't know." she dragged.

"Come on girl, you've liked TY since forever. Give it a chance, it's obvious he feels the same." Osaze said causing Kiki and I to nod.

"I'll give it a try." She said looking up at us. "You better." I muttered.

"So Irene, have you spoken to Theodore?" Kiki started and a bit back a cuss word. Why now? "Yeah." I replied not taking my gaze from my phone.

"How was it?" Ola sat up straight in interest. I shrugged "Okay." "So you guys are cool?" That was Osaze "Yeah." I responded.

"Ola I was wondering if you could..." The door flew open and Uchendu walked into the room. Uche was Ola's immediate older brother in his early twenties. He was already in the university, an ex student of Claret High. "Oh hey girls." he said with a cheery wave.

"What do you want?" Ola asked with a big scowl on her face. "Chill out sis, I just wanted to borrow your USB cord. Mine is faulty and it's quite late to get another."

Her features softened and she smiled. "Okay, it's on the table right in front of Kiki." Uche picked up the cord from the table and walked back to the bed where Osaze, myself and Ola were.

"Thanks." he said and dipped a hand in Osaze's bowl of chips earning a stinging slap on his hand. "Ouch!" He yelled in a high pitched girly voice.

"That's for trying to shorten my ration." she said holding the bowl of chips to her chest. "Grumpy much." he muttered feigning hurt. "Just leave, you're not welcome here." I said to him poking his biceps.

He pouted and walked to the door. "See ya suckers." he said and slid out of the room.

Ola rolled her eyes earning a chuckle from me. "Sometimes he acts like a child." I said going over the several times that Desmond went all playful with me. "Yeah." Ola added.

I turned to Kiki, she hadn't said a word in a while. It was since Uche walked into the room. I squinted observing her expression.

"Don't stress yourself Irene, she's just flushed. Sweetie's got the hots for Uche." Osaze declared and my eyes widened. "What!" Ola and exclaimed in unison.

"That's not true." Kiki defended immediately, earning a teasing smile from Osaze. "Deny it all you want, it will still remain the truth."

Kiki rolled her eyes and walked to her sleeping bag on the soft rug to grab her blanket. "Don't you dare go to bed young lady, we have a lot to talk about. Since when did you start looking at my brother in a different light."