Chapter 57

Quick Author's note before I go into the chapter, to find out more about the other characters that would be appearing in this book, kindly read my first book, Resolutions.

PS: This chapter would be very short.

IRENE

"How do y'all feel about this vacation?" Ola asked and Damola screeched.

"It's everything I dreamt of for my summer break, honestly." She added and Agatha seconded and I zoned out of their conversation.

We were at the airport and it was only hours to our flight. We got to use Desmond's Father's private jet to travel which was awesome. We were going on a vacation to Hawaii with Uzo and all her friends. Desmond liked to call it a reunion vacation.

(A/N: Everybody that was going; Theodore, Irene, Desmond, Theodore, Osaze, Zion, Kiki, Ola, TY, Uzo, Damola, Agatha, Peter and Ayomide.)

Theodore and I had thought, what other way to get away from everything that had happened during the school year than a vacation so we decided to invite everyone. I had a feeling it was going to be a great summer.

I was so excited for the vacation and I wasn't sure why but I decided to believe that it was because of the surprise we had for Uzo. We had gotten even closer and I couldn't help but love how things were going. Hopefully, it'll be like that for a very long time.

"Yo guys, our ride is here." Desmond said beckoning to us whilst holding hands with his girlfriend. Heaven knows he's so possessive of the girl. After Theodore and I had gone out as a couple publicly, Desmond summoned courage to do the same with Mide and that singular action brought him peace. He didn't have to be sneaking around to see his girlfriend like he had been doing for fifteen months, he could show her to the whole world, just like it was meant to be.

In matter of days, all the blogs that once carried news about both of us being in a relationship still carried the news of our respective relationships. Irony of life.

We got settled in the expensive aircraft and it took to flight. The journey was going to be a long one and I intended to make the most of it.

✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎✍︎︎

I lied when I said I was going to make the most of the journey, I slept during most of it and so did most of the other guys. Disadvantages of partying the night before a journey. We had thrown a party at the hotel we where we were lodged just for the fun of it. I believed our sleeplessness the previous night instigated it.

Time flew like a bird and we got to the said city, Hawaii. The air that hit me the moment we got down from the aircraft made me want to run back inside.

"I think the weather here is made for me." Damola mused as she moved along holding Osaze and Uzo with each of her hands. Kiki was stuck with her brother, Ola with TY, Desmond with Ayomide, Peter with Agatha and me with Theodore.

We got cleared up in no time and made our way to the beach house we were to be staying at for the summer. I'd love to rephrase, Theodore's grandpa's 15 bedroom beach house.

On getting to the house, I was awestruck. Never had I laid my eyes on a beach house that enormous. "Is someone seeing how big this place is?" Peter screamed as he pulled out his phone to make a video.

"I guess not." Kiki said walking to him as they ran to the front door of the building.

After what seemed like an eternity to me, because I began to feel uneasy, Theodore finally opened the door and we all strolled in everyone running up the stairs to get a great room. I didn't bother to do that because I believed Theodore had already reserved a room for us so I slumped on a coach in the living room.