CHAPTER 20

"Paul's coming," John said right after breaking the kiss.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"We'll talk about this later," Lennon smiled as Paul came outside.

I didn't know what to say, my idol for years just kissed me. We were friends for over a year and he kissed me. Let's just say I wasn't expecting that.

"Everything alright, Lucy?" Paul asked holding two cups of Hot Chocolate in his cold hands.

"Yeah, everything's fine!" John answered for me, "Oh, thanks Paulie!" He continued as took the Hot Chocolate from Paul's hands. "I'm going back inside!" John patted Paul on the back as a thank you as he walked back inside.

As John walked inside, he winked at me and smirked mischievously.

Paul saw John's wink, "Is everything alright?"

"Um... Yeah! Everything's fine!"

"Are you sure? John looks cheeky," Paul persisted.

"Yeah, it's all good. Thanks, Paul," I lied.

"That's good, would you like your Hot Chocolate now?" Paul offered.

I accepted as I took the Hot Chocolate and blew before taking a sip. Okay Lucy, just try to take your mind off what just happened, enjoy your Hot Chocolate.

Paul's P.O.V.

I walked back inside and sat back down at my dining table, my Hot Chocolate in front of me. John was sitting on the other side of the table now. He looked up at me and smirked.

"Typical Lennon," I laughed, "You haven't changed a bit."

John smiled sweetly as he looked down innocently.

"Guys! We need to leave, now!" Lucy blurted out before running back inside.

"What's wrong, Lucy, love?" John asked standing up out of his chair.

"It's the day! I know what it is!" Lucy continued shouting.

"What is it?!" I stood out of my chair.

"Come outside, I'll show you!" Lucy continued as she ran back outside, John and I followed soon after.

"Look at the sky!" Lucy pointed into the distance at the dark blue and purple sky, "It's the day!"

"It looks like it's gonna thunderstorm!" John observed.

"A thunderstorm? Maybe you should come back inside then," I said logically.

She turned around to us, her eyes wide, "No! We need to leave, now!"

"But why?!" I was now shouting.

Lucy smiled a smile which reflected hope, "It's the day I found the gem a year ago!"

"Wait! Does this mean..."

"Yes! It means the gem is going to come out of the sky and we can get it! We are gonna have a perfect new gem!"

Lucy hugged both John and I in pure excitement.

"Oh my God, really??" John said, shocked.

"But first, we need to get the gem before anyone else does. If someone else gets the gem, they could time travel and it will mess up everything!" Lucy said, she looked like a psychopath and I loved it!

"So, we need to hurry!" John gripped her shoulders.

"Yes!" Lucy said as we raced back inside.

"Come on, guys! Get ready!" Lucy ordered.

She threw John's coat and shoes at him for him to put on. In about ten seconds, we were out the door, on the search for the gem.

***************

"It's more further down here, guys! I remember exactly where I found it!" Lucy led us closer and closer to where the gem was meant to land.

"Here it is!" Lucy stared right into the cloudy night sky, thunder leaping between the clouds. We stood in the middle of the same park all the action happened last year.

Before we could say anything else, a massive shot of thunder erupted and there it was! The gem! It's beautiful ruby red colour reflected the moonlight until it fell to the ground on the soft grass.

"We're saved!!" John exclaimed as he picked up the gem in his hands before throwing it, "Darn thing is hot!"

"We need to let it cool a bit, John!" Lucy said.

A few moments Lucy picked it up and shouted, "We're saved! Let's go back to the motel and let's escape to safety!"

"I can't believe we are saved! We can actually be able to get back home! I thought it was the end! I thought we were done for! But we are saved now!" John shouted with excitement.

"Okay guys, this way!" Lucy led us back to the motel so we could play Rubber Soul and escape to safety!

***************

"We are so lucky we got the gem back!" John smiled widely as he opened the door to the motel.

"I can't believe I can actually go back home again!" I rejoiced as I followed the others.

"John, can you get me the record, love?" Lucy asked as she set up the record player.

"Haha, love..." John said under his breath cheekily as he listened to Lucy's instructions.

Lucy had a particularly shy reaction to John's remark but she continued soon after. "Now, remember guys, this may not work. This is just my theory that if we listen to Rubber Soul, it will take us back to Rubber Soul era, 1965," Lucy reminded as she took the record out of its case carefully.

"But, we all hope that it will work because you always have the best predictions, don't you remember last year?" John smiled winking.

"Thanks John but you also had amazing predictions!" Lucy replied smiling and looking down.

"Are we gonna time travel or are you just going to shower each other with compliments?" I chuckled.

"Okay, let's do this," Lucy said holding the gem.

Michelle, ma belle, these are words that go together well, my Michelle...

"Okay, let's hold the gem and hold hands so hopefully we can get back to 1965," John ordered.

We all closed our eyes and we let the gem do its work. Still, the worry of this not working lingered in the back of our minds, making us ALL nervous. But, I guess we just need to think positive and hope everything will turn out well.