CHAPTER 5

The set of puppy dog eyes examined John and I. Paul stuttered before grabbing John from 1964's arm.

"What is it?" 24 year old John asked as he glanced up at us.

Both John's approached each other, their facial expressions were a mix of fear and confusion.

"Who are you?" John from 1964 asked.

John from 1959 turned to me. Before he could answer, we heard a sharp voice from behind us.

"Okay then, you guys, out!" The guard behind us said sternly before grabbing our shoulders.

"Wait!" John from 1964 shouted.

"No fans backstage, strictly performers." The guard ordered.

It was too late, the guard took us to the back door and threw us out.

"What the hell was that for?!" John shouted.

The guard didn't answer, he just closed the door and locked us out.

"Lucy..." John said quietly before hugging me tightly, "I'm scared and I don't want to go through all this crap again. I did last year and it was the worst thing ever. I don't know where I am."

I embraced John in the hug to comfort him, "let me explain..." I started, "we are in 1964, so not too far in the future. That was you and your bandmates and they were getting ready to perform on TV."

"Is there a way we can get back home?" John asked quietly. He burried his head in my shoulder so his voice was muffled.

"I think we should try to use the gem, we need music in order to do that," I said.

We thought about where we could find music, then it occurred to me.

"The Beatles are performing, we could use the music they play."

We went up against the wall to try and hear the music. It was hard due to the screeching noise of Beatlemania. John took the gem out of his pocket and held it. We stayed close and waited for the gem to do it's work. All my loving was slightly audible.

After a few minutes of inactivity, John spoke, "It's not working."

"Maybe the crack is stopping it from working," I stated.

"Then how are we going to get back home?" John said nervously.

"I'm not sure."

John placed the gem back down on the concrete floor and slid down the side of a wall. He sat on the floor hugging his knees. He closed his eyes and tried to calm down.

"Well... W-what are we gonna do now?" He stuttered.

I sighed, "I don't know."

"Well... We can't sit on a sidewalk," John attempted to brighten the situation.

"Okay, let's find a place to stay," I suggested.

I reached my arms out and helped John to his feet. "Please don't leave me on the sidewalk like you did last year. We need to stick together so we don't lose each other. If we lose each other, God knows what will happen..." John griped my shoulders.

"I promise I won't, we'll stick together till the end. Anything we go through, we'll do it together." I comforted.

"Damn... This conversation is mushy as hell." John said sarcastically as he wiped away a fake tear.

I chuckled and spoke, "alright let's get going now."

We roamed the streets to find a place to stay, we passed the many tall buildings of New York until something caught my eye.