◦•●◉✿ Chapter - 1 ✿◉●•◦

Jungkook in this chapter 👆

                                                Words-1200

                  ❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

It was miserably cold in the classroom. London winters were always cold but the cloudy weather outside had made it more bleak. The students' attention were mostly on the huge computer screen behind the professor and infrequently on the professor, while one particular student had engaged his eyes in watching the drizzly rain outside the window.

"Jeon Jungkook." The middle aged British professor spoke out in his arctic slow tone, "Sorry for the disturbance but can you please pay some attention to your teacher so that you can learn better. I'm sure your parents didn't donate tons of money to send you here for just  checking out the weather."

Some giggles heard from the back benches but Jungkook ignored them, instead he stood up and answered, maintaining the same pace as his professor's but with politeness, "I'm extremely sorry Mr Homes, it isn't like I wasn't listening the lecture but as my parents donated tons of money to send me here in England, I was just enjoying the free view outside along with learning business. After all, free things are also an important part of the profit that you taught us in your last class." Jungkook's lips slightly twitched as he spoke the ending words.

"Impressive. Last year you did very well. That's why I'm counting on you. Hope you can make better marks this year."

"Yes professor, I shall try my best." Jungkook's words sounded determined. Mr Homes just smiled and continued the lecture.

In the break time a Swedish classmate named Brian, approached Jungkook, "Hey buddy, you didn't reply to me last night. Were you with that French girl again? What's her name….oops! I forgot."

"Amanda." Mathew, another classmate who was sitting beside Jungkook, answered him.

"It's not that. I was studying." Jungkook said without looking at them, he was busy sorting through his notes. His hands ran faster than his words. He was fully clothed and wore an extra hand knitted jacket because his mother sent it last night via parcel. It was his second winter in London, so he knew how chilly the weather could become in the early December.

"Great man, you spent your Friday night studying these boring business statistics!" Brian gave him a light pat on his back and took an empty chair beside him.

"There's a reason why Mr Homes trusts him more than us." Mathew answered him again, flickering his eyebrows.

"Yeah but it seems like that girl Amanda is head over heels for you. She even asked me for your address."

"I don't know what's wrong with these girls, I even blocked her." Jungkook casually stated.

"But you said she's a good girl." Brian again mentioned her which made Jungkook look at him.

"That doesn't mean I've to date her. I even told her that I'm not interested in commitments."

"Why didn't you tell her about your fiance? Then she won't run after you." Mathew suggested.

"What fiance, Rose is not even my friend." Jungkook sighed, his hands on his pocket, searching for some warmth.

"But you said, your marriage has been fixed since the day you borned." Brian reminded him.

"Yeah, it's something like that but our parents haven't yet done the official engagement ceremony. So she's not my fiance." Jungkook said leaning on the chair, he put his arms behind his shoulder and stretched his muscles a little.

"You and your royalty, phew! I'm so hungry, can anyone give me some chocolates?" Mathew wasn't interested in girls, he usually stayed away from them.

"Hey, let's go to the canteen. I'm hungry too. Jungkook are you coming?" Brian spoke up this time.

"Yeah, just order a cheese sandwich for me and banana milk, I'll join you after making a phone call."

"Cool, let's go." Mathew dragged his friend Brian outside of their classroom while Jungkook followed them from afar, holding his books and notes in one hand and the other was busy dialing a number.

He stopped walking when his call got connected, "Annyeong mom."

"My beloved, how are you?" A voice sweeter than any songbirds, rhymed into his ear.

"Mom, I missed you so much and that old man too." The smugness from his voice was gone, replaced by a pleasant sweetness.

"I know my child." Jungkook's mother Mrs Jeon Sobin said, smiling.

"Tell him that this old fellow missed him too." Jungkook's father Mr Jeon Jaehyun said from her side.

Jungkook complained like a little boy, "What! You put your phone on speaker? That's not fair mom."

"Why? Are you still angry with me? Jungkook-ah, it's for your future my son, I want you to learn everything related to business, before joining our company." Jaehyun said, dropping his smile.

"These highly qualified professors can't teach me business better than you, dad." Jungkook sighed. "You're a self made businessman. I've learned so many things from you, trust me these books are just for keeping myself busy."

"I know, it is hard for me too, staying away from my only son." Jaehyun sighed, remembering his son's cuddly face.

"Sir, should I turn left?" Jungkook heard an unknown voice. Then he heard his father saying, "Yeah, left."

He asked in confusion, "Are you two going anywhere? It's 1.20 noon here, that's means it is already 9 in Seoul. Where are you going at this late mom?"

"To uncle Park's house, they want to talk about your and Rose's marriage."

"What? Mom we're only 23. I need more time mom, dad please do something."

"Alright, I'll talk to them." Jungkook's father assured him. His tone was calm but suddenly it got a pitch higher, panicking, "Ye, Mr Kim, why are you turning the car? You're going on the wrong route, please stop the car."

Jungkook frowned, this kind of conversation he wasn't expecting at all. "Dad, what's happening there? Who's Mr Kim? Where's Yoonshik uncle? Dad!"

"Mr Kim, stop the car, it's going in the opposite direction." Sobin's scream echoed through Jungkook's ears.

"I can't Sir." That unknown man, who seemed like their new driver spoke, panicking and shaking out of fear.

Jungkook fisted his phone tightly. "Mom, dad what is happening there? Somebody please tell me." A cold shiver ran down through his spine when he heard his mother's cry for the first time.

"Do something dear, this car is going to crush."

The books and notes fell from Jungkook's grip and scattered all over the ground. The sympathetic vibration of his mother's voice made him stunned.

"Mr Kim ah-h-h-h-h!" The last word he heard from his father before the call disconnected with a bleep.

"D-dad!" Jungkook's breath got hitched, it was impossible for him to uttar anything. He tried to scream but his parent's screaming had wrapped his senses like a python. The people walking around him felt like shadows.

He dialed for the second time, hands shaken abruptly, none answered.

"Dad, m-mom, no-o-o-o-o..." Jungkook's muffled scream echoed through the wide corridor of 'London school of Business' and dissolved into the keen sound of torrential downpour.

_________

If you've liked this chapter, please vote and comment 💜💜💜