Chapter forty-seven

Start from the beginning

Thank you forever.

Love,
Mimi

***

Aamirah wiped away her tears. She kissed the notepad Batool gave her awhile ago. The day she urged her to write down her pieces.. all of it. Now that she thinks of it, it seems like forever. A whole world ago. She sniffed back her tears tucking the notepad in Khaleel's bags. She hopes one day he will have a change of heart and maybe he will read her letters, the whole of it.

The door was pushed open causing her to jump up hastily. Khaleel walked inside the room with two mugs in his hand. When their eyes locked, he exhaled deeply knowing without a doubt she cried.

"Mimi, come sit with me"

She obliged walking towards the couch where he is seating. She sat beside him before carefully collecting the mug. "Thank you" she let out a breath taking a sip feeling the hot liquid warm up her empty stomach.

"Don't start" he said, softly. "The tears.. don't start"

That was all she needed to hear because the waterworks fell so fast and hot, Khaleel had to collect the mug and drop it on the center table beside his own before reaching to hug her. Aamirah sink in his hold crying harder, all the memories of when she first met Khaleel float in her head. She held onto his shirt sniffling and shaking.

"It's okay, love" he said holding her longer.

"Khaleel..it's just.."

"I know" he sighed feeling his heart break into thousand pieces. Pieces only Aamirah can restore and fix.

"I have to do this"

He kissed her forehead, "I know"

"I'm leaving"

He inhaled sharply. "Yes, Aamirah, you are"

"Ya Rabbi!" She leaned up glaring at him. "Stop with the toe curling Aamirah"

"What toe curling Aamirah?" He asked with a teasing glint in his eyes depriving a very annoyed sigh from her lips. In that moment, when he burst into laughter trying to catch his breath while she rolled her eyes slightly annoyed, Aamirah knows without a doubt, this is the little moment she will miss.

The moment where Khaleel is being carefree, loving and sweet without any worries in the world. The moment he is staring at her as if she is the only person on earth. The moment he is leaning in so close she can feel the steady beat of his heartbeat and the thick shape of his eyebrows furrowing into one another.

"Your zoning out on me again" He said coughing slightly before regaining his breathing in a rhythm.

"I'll miss you"

A wide smile carve on his lips. "Move closer"

"For what?"

"Move closer, love. You'll see"

She moved a little bit closer but judging by Khaleel's annoyed expression she knows he means closer enough until there is absolutely no space between them. She obeyed silently feeling the increase race of heartbeat against her ribcage. When Khaleel leaned in closer not even her racing heart mattered at the moment.

Not when she can feel his thumb caressing her cheek and his lips covering hers. In a slow, sweet motion as if they have all the time in the world and maybe.. just maybe they do. The world is theirs to live and to hold on longer until they wish to let go.

Aamirah did not let go. She held on tighter as her hand cave around his neck letting his lips work the magic. She didn't feel the demons pulling her down or the fear creeping up her neck. Not at all. She didn't feel a thing...only Khaleel's lips on her. Only Khaleel on her. Working on her. Loving on her.