ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: Awkward Introductions

Okay. Alright, Dream. There you go, it's different than the water, have fun with that. That's pretty hard-.

- Sapnap.

I could feel a tingling sensation in every limb, my body recovering from numbness. Hushed voices bickered around me.

I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I tried to open my eyes or move to show I was awake, but I couldn't.

The muffled voices continued to squabble and shift me around. I could feel a figure hovering over me and cold hands trailing over my small scratches, feeling over my arms and hands.

I flinched and swatted away the hand that was making my stinging worse. The different voices perked back up louder.

"Stop."

"Potion... particles..."

"She's... just..."

"... Awake?"

"Move away!"

A nudge to my ribs makes me jerk awake to see Sapnap's boyish grin, "Finally, you're awake." He pokes my side. His arms still wrapped firmly around me, still settled in the same side hug on the wooden floor.

How long was I out? I really hope it wasn't long.

"Now, you have some explaining to do." Sapnap gave me an irritated look and pointed towards two boys, one slumped down tiredly in the corner of the room, his glasses slightly hanging of his head and the other leant up against the wall wiping down his sword, his mask concealing his identity.

Slowly I tried to get up but quickly realised how futile it was when I had to bite my lip to keep from crying out. Sharp pain lanced through my head and colorful spots flashed in front of my eyes, it felt like my whole body had been beaten and every movement caused some muscle or bone to ache. "Ugh, my head." I groaned.

Dream stops wiping down his sword and looks over to me, "Y/u/n you're under the effects of a nausea potion, a witch must have thrown one at you at some point. It should wear off soon."

I rest my forehead into my palm, trying to cease the constant sharp pain. "A potion?..."

George's head lifted up suddenly to watch me, reaching a hand over his head to fix his glasses. He began to shuffle closer, but Sapnap gave him a challenging glare, "Stay there."

George furrowed his brows. Clearly not wanting to be bossed around, he sat up and walked over anyway. "You should be thanking us..." He looked over to see Dream give an approving nod. "... I mean, it's pretty self-evident."

Sapnap moved his shoulder and created some distance from me, "Self what now?"

The air is so brittle it could snap, and if it doesn't, I might. No-one continues, what is there to say?

I shove Sapnap away, my nausea was wearing off, "Sapnap, don't be stupid. These guys are the other players. We're the same."

He looked back up towards George and then back to me and spoke to me in a hushed tone, "I don't trust them."

"They helped me and they killed all the zombies outside. If they had ill intentions they would have just left." I pushed myself off the ground staggering off balance and George moves over to assist me.

"I trust him." Sapnap points towards Dream and with a low groan he gets up and brushes past George, "I definitely don't trust this one."

George deadpans at Sapnap, "What have I done that makes me untrustworthy?"