Best or worst case scenario?

Hey guys. I planned to update sooner but... I don't know HOW but I managed to completely delete all of my backup files of this story, including this chapter. So I had to completely rewrite it (after I regained my motivation). It hope it was worth the wait.

Stay safe,

Love,

Dragon_owl

We walked quite a while back to the Inn but since there wasn't any sandstorm, we were faster than when we walked to the hot spring. Since we spend a long time... doing naughty things in the cave before we started, we didn't arrive before nightfall though.

I saw Anubis tensing up as we approached the building. "What do you think Ra will do when he sees me?" he asked  directed to nobody in particular. Sobek heard him, turned his face to him and grinned. "Well... Best case scenario: he'll just be mad at you and ignore you for some days. Worst case scenario: He will try to kill you and we'll be seeing a nice fight." he chuckled at the end. I couldn't believe his attitude and looked at him with my eyes widened in shock. "I'll go inside and check on Ra's mood then..." I said after a brief moment of silence. Before I entered the Inn I looked back at Anubis and even though it was dark outside, I could still see the sheer look of discomfort on his face and felt tension building up.

When I stepped inside I saw Ra immediately. He sat at the counter, Apophis letter in one hand, a supposedly freshly downed jaw of liquor in the other. Besides him sat the man I recognized as the winner from their little game of "who could hold his hand above a fire for longer", who also had an empty jaw right in front of him. Across the room was the bartender Amu'aa, who just finished serving some other customers and walked back at the counter. I got to them and before I even got there I heard Amu'aa's complains "Jeez guys! Are you drinking or inhaling your beverages?" he asked a little upset. "...Just give us another one." The man next to Ra answered. I sat down next to Ra. "Hey Ra... how are you?" I asked him carefully. "How I am?" He returned. "What do you think how I am." He answered coldly. He stared at his jaw as Amu'aa filled it. Right after the bartender handed it to him, he downed in one go. "I... I just wanted to know if you're alri..." Suddenly he threw the empty jaw to the ground. "Are you serious?" he yelled at me. "How the fuck do you think I'm supposed to be feeling? Your boyfriend just killed my lov... long time enemy!" He continued to yell and grabbed me at the collar. I stood still in fear. I could see his rage reflecting in his eyes.

"Ra. You should stop. Come on, she did nothing wrong." The man besides him put his hand on Ra's arm. In that moment Ra let go of my collar, and threw me aside. I fell to the floor and stayed there, cautiously watching both of them. Ra glared t the man besides him. "Yes you're right... But what about you?" he whispered. "Aren't you the god of wisdom? Why didn't you tell me something like that could happen?" each word was filled with rage and sorrow. "I could just have... avoided it." He whispered and looked the other right in the eye before he glanced down at the letter in his hand. "Ra. How could I have known? There weren't any useful texts or things like that." The other replied. "But you are the god of wisdom, goddammit!" he shouted. Suddenly it became dead silent inside the room before everyone looked at them and they began to whisper at each other. I could hear snippets of different conversations. "What is Thoth doing down here?" "You think he's spying on us to collect information about demons?" another one asked. "I'll crush his skull if he comes near me or my folks" somebody whispered threatening. Suddenly the door busted open and Anubis entered. "Bastet are you allri..." he stopped mid sentence when he saw me, still sitting on the floor and Ra standing somewhat close to me.

"Oh. Shit." Seth just stepped down the stairs leading to our dorms, a woman in his arm. Ra fixated Anubis, his glare filled with rage, clenching his fists, accidentally crumpling Apophis letter. "YOU." He growled.

Suddenly Sobeks face showed in the doorway. "Well seems like it'll be worst case scenario then."