Gods and their problems

"Anubis... I don't want to ruin your 'excellent' mood but how are we supposed to go on board the ship?", I asked skeptical. "No problem. Look a little further down the river. There is a little cliff where we can get on Seth's ship.", Anubis said, supposed to sound self confident, with a very unconventionally smile on his face. Said and done, soon we were at this 'perfect spot' for our plan. "Don't you think this would be a little too easy? If Seth is clever enough, he has guards on his ship, they will notice us even before we can get to him. Am I right?", I whispered. "Right. If he would be clever enough, but he isn't. His ego is so big that he think nobody would ever dare to attack him." "I think he's compensating something rather little between his legs.", a little smile found its way on my face no matter the dangerous situation we were in. "That's also why he isn't suspecting anything. Because nobody would be such a fool to attack him." silence. "But luckily we are gods and no fool..!", with this sentence on his lips Anubis 'jumped' or better he slipped heroic right off the cliff and onto Seth's enormous ship, pulling me with him. This was the first time I was actually really happy to be a cat goddess. Thanks to that, I landed on my feet while Anubis wasn't that lucky and got to meet the ground with his beautiful face. The sound he made wasn't as loud as I expected but nevertheless it was loud. I wonder why nobody came to get us. 

Slowly we sneaked in the direction of Seth, or the big red glowing Shape which we believe to be him. By the way I thought to recognize the ship around us slightly changing its color and glowed in a darker red since we landed on it. As we slowly approached to the red silhouette, I suddenly lost all my fear and respect for him in one moment when I heard him singing the Bohemian Rhapsody. I got nearer and heard him probably singing his favorite passage because he waved his arms around and yelling as loud as he could "...Thunderbolts and lightning, really really frightening me. Galileo, GALILEO, Galileo, GALILEO FIGARO! Magnificoooo... Oh..." suddenly he turned around in his ecstasis and looked at us, his eyes widened in surprise. His headphones still hung out of his enormous, nearly Kangaroo looking ears. The song continued to play but he ended singing once for all. His face was indescribable. He looked like a mix from some kind of aggressive dog and Tasmanian devil. But his little karaoke show made him a lot more harmless and looking like an angry puppy than anything else. Not even Anubis could hide his big smile behind a skilled cough or something like that. "We are terribly sorry to interrupt you Seth, mighty god of Karaoke, but could you please stop destroying the human world?", Anubis tried to ask politely. "Stop making fun of me Anubis! I just wanted to safe the world while you and your pussycat played hide and seek in Osiris temple. Of course Horus was too good to help me so he sendet you.", he continued. "First, I'm not a pussycat Seth so watch your mouth if you don't want to awake without balls the next day.", I said nerved. "Rawr Bastet. Nice to meet your old self.", Seth answered with a grinning. "Second. Why are you behaving like that over here?", Anubis continued to ask. "My dear old friend... I don't know if you don't want to or just didn't noticed. I'M NOT DOING THIS FOR FUN! This ship is Re's solar bark. Re recently was dumb enough to die and to let his ship fade away into the human world, so we have a liiittle problem with fighting Apophis now.", I tried to hide my confusion. "SO I decided, in my never ending goodwill, to help the world and save this place. The only problem is that I need to get this shipwreck of a solar bark down the river to an interface with Maat. And I can't do this alone so I asked Horus for help, or better I draw the attention to my problem through destroying a bridge. Of course this falcon headed idiot misunderstood the problem. This isn't a declaration of war with the forces of destruction, it's a shout out for help!" After he had ended I looked at Anubis. His face was drawn and he obviously didn't know what to do. "I know you are really confused now but let me clear two things. First of all I'm not your enemy. Not right now. And second, I need your help. Stay under deck for the night, I will guide the ship out of town tonight and wake you up if we're about to change our path into Maat.", I didn't know what to think of Seth but for the moment he seemed more like a friend than a threat, so we followed his advice and got down into the ship's hold.