Everything is gonna be ok

Hey guys! I hope you're all good and I can provide you with a little distraction from the current... state of the world with my new chapter. Like always, I hope you'll enjoy it and don't worry not every chapter is going to be like these darker ones :)

(Disclaimer: violence ahead.)

Stay safe,

Love,

Dragon_owl

"Oh hey" Ra greeted us from the bed as we entered Ra's room. He smiled weak as Anubis hissed at him. "You started it." Anubis growled. "Well no matter who started it, I ended it." Thoth interrupted annoyed. "And I'm intending to keep it that way." The chains around Anubis tightened a little. "If I might..." Sobek stepped into the middle of the room. "We should start to think about our way back into the human world, to stop a certain someone, shouldn't we." It was more of a statement than a question. "Ra's solar bark should be renewed already since it is meant to cycle with the sun." Thoth said. Ra seemed to chuckle. "Yes it should have been renewed since a long time ago... yet it is nowhere to be found." He stated sarcastic. Suddenly I had an idea. "What if..." I paused. Everyone looked at me. "What if Apophis hid the ship because they wanted to sort things out before Ra could leave?" the room fell quiet. "Now that you mention it, I think I know a place... a cave behind a waterfall, where Apophis could have hid my ship." Ra sounded quite excited. "Although we would need another ship to get to it..." as soon as he added it, Sobek exhaled offended. "What?" "You guys often seem to forget which kind of god I am." He said theatrical. "I am a RIVER god. I will get you there in no time." He boomed, winking at Ra. I saw Anubis rolling his eyes. "Well then let's start our search tomorrow. It has gotten dark already." Thoth suggested. "By the way, where is Seth?" I just realized that he wasn't with us. "He had some... Lovers quarrels with Isis and will be occupied by that for the time being." Thoth grinned. We wished each other good night and went to our rooms.

"You know, I'm not going to run away right?" Anubis asked as we lay side by side on our bed. "Yes I know." I answered, facing away from him. "Then could you pleaaaase remove this kind of... shackles?"I turned to him. He had a pleading look on his face, his body still restricted with the golden chain. "To be honest I frankly don't know how." I answered smiling. "Even if I would wanted to help you there really is no way I could. I guess you have to cope with it until Thoth decides to undo it." I turned to face him. "Good night." I kissed his cheek and turned back around. He sighted and snuggled against me the best he could. I fell asleep watching our empty room, thinking about what would happen next.

I gasped awake to someone squeezing my throat. Next to me, I heard Anubis trying to fight back. I looked at the one attacking me but I hadn't seen anything like him before. There was a demonic aura surrounding him. Two other ones were fighting Anubis while the third one sat on my chest, trying to suffocate me "Don't fight back. It'll be over soon." The three of them shouted nearly in union, eyes glowing red. Anubis seemed to be more trouble for them than me, although his movements were restricted by the golden chain. "An..." I felt my body loosing strength as the oxygen depleted more and more. The corners of my field of view already started to turn black. I tried to fight and to push my attacker off of me with all my might, but he just wouldn't budge... Not even an inch. I successfully turned my head to face Anubis. I saw him raging and heard a horrible scream as he watched my body starting to twitch. He looked even scarier than when he fought Ra, I thought. My vision started to blur and redden. Tears started to flow as I started to realize that I wouldn't be able to make it. I could no longer see clearly. Everything was dark and blurred. I imagined to see Anubis physical form shift and stretch while screams of horror from out attackers and growling filled the air. I also thought to have heard a faint tearing sound which must have been my imagination. After all, his restraint can't be destroyed... Or can it? I started to loose consciousness. "Just...just die already!" The voice snapped me back to reality, while the pressure against my throat grew even more. My cramping arms still held on to the person on top of me. I felt the last bit of strength slowly leaving my body. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind. 'I don't want to leave him again. We just found each other after all this time.' But that wasn't the only thought. It was moreover a feeling. A feeling that seemed like it has been sealed and buried deep inside of me, even deeper than I could ever reach... until now. I knew that I never could have reached it under normal circumstances... But this wasn't a normal circumstance. I held my final breath and collected all mental strength that was left inside of me... and reached it. 'I DON'T WANT TO DIE!' My body and soul screamed in union. A feeling swept through my very existence which I hadn't felt in hundreds of years I thought. Yet a part of me remembered it. Something changed.

At the same time I heard a loud shattering sound besides me, shortly followed by a cracking noise. Suddenly the grip around my throat got weaker and was nothing more than a slight touch. My strength came back and finally got to I opened my eyes. I saw the one on top of me shivering in fear, as I looked at him with reflecting eyes and slit like pupils. Shards of glowing runes floated in the air, the chain which bound Anubis was gone, his attackers just a mere speck of blood on the ground. I hissed violently, baring my inhuman sharp teeth. The one who attacked me fell backwards as I pushed him with inhuman strength. He screamed, pleaded and tried to get away from me but since he tried to kill me, I knew no mercy. I jumped out of the bed and got to him in no time. I sat in a similar matter on top of him like he did before. My hands quickly found his throat. Memories of countless battles flashed before my inner eyes. Battles I fought alongside Anubis. Brutal battles where just the two of us survived. "Don't fight back, it'll be over soon." I imitated his intonation from before, smiling a painful smile and finishing what I just started.

When I saw his eyes had turned lifeless, I stood up and went straight to the mirror in our darkened room. I couldn't believe my eyes. My body was covered in blackish fur, my eyes shimmering in a golden tone. On my head, in my ears and around my eyes were also golden patterns. I stood petrified as I inspected my gold shimmering pectoral necklace. Suddenly Anubis stepped behind me. Fighting for my life, I had almost forgotten he was still there. He looked similar to when he fought Ra earlier. He hugged me from behind, blood stains all over his and my body. "You look beautiful my goddess." He whispered. I don't know why but I didn't feel frightened in the slightest. I had never felt this safe and close to him before. He kissed the spot where my attacker had tried to rob me of my breath. Anubis then turned my face towards him. "You don't have to be afraid my love. You can be whoever and whatever you want to be... together with me." He murmured. Although he stood in front of me as his real self, with a bony face, I could only feel a unending happiness I hadn't felt for a long, long time. "I truly love you Bastet. I always have... And always will." He whispered. "I'll be yours until eternity." He gave me a affectionate kiss. "...If you want to be with a chaotic, destructive god like me." He added blushing as we stood in the middle of our destroyed room, surrounded by three corpses. I was breathless for the second time. My eyes widened in surprise. Did he just... propose to me?!?