54 - Little more secrets

Start from the beginning

Faint? Is that why I fainted when I shot him? Well when I thought I shot him.

"Genvi put it in our food that day. He never planned on any of us to die. He thought that the shock of any of us dying right in from of our eyes would trigger it.

"I knew what he planned so it wasn't that much a shock to me. But it was a different case for you. You couldn't kill me. You refused to. It was too much for you to handle.

"Genvi took the privilege to shoot me himself. And you fainted."

"Are you serious right now?! So I never shot you?" I said as a smile grew on my face.

I didn't kill Alex after all. It felt like the burden was lifted off my chest.

"No. It was Genvi's plan to make you or me think that way. Depending on who decided to die."

"But what about the truth? In the flash mom spoke like she expected us both to escape."

"She changed her mind when she heard Genvi's plan. At the time, she didn't know Genvi planned to fake our deaths.

"He wanted to do that because he believed it would bring more fear into you. He was actually close to finding the Golden Blood. He needed to do it so that no matter what happened, you would give up the Golden Blood just to save the only family you thought you had left. Mom.

"And that's exactly what you're doing. You're giving up the Golden Blood.

"I learnt about the truth the same day everything happened. Mom planned for our escape. But after everything changed she and the maid that wanted to help her changed their plans.

"She decided to tell me about it. After you fainted, Genvi kept me in another hideout of his. I escaped hoping you would too. That was her plan."

"I would escape through one way while you run away. I could have gone to see you but I decided that it was best if I find the Golden Blood to help them."

"Why would you decide that without me?!" I asked.

"I didn't want you to get involved with anything dangerous. Only to find out later that you became a crazy hitman who's seeking revenge."

"Why wouldn't I? I didn't have my brother to tell me anything. I didn't know the truth. I was devastated."

"I know. It was my fault. I should have told you. I'm sorry. But it's already too late. I had been staying in the Mundanes territory slowly learning the truth about the Golden Blood.

"The GB really is the whole Mundanes. He wasn't lying when he said that. It won't be easy convincing them that their leader is a dick."

"So what will we do?"

"There is no 'we' Alexis. You can't go."

"You're siding with mom?"

"I'm looking out for you. It's not like I plan on letting Aiden have his way but just don't get involved. I'll rescue mom myself."

"No! I'll come with you." I said.

"You will not."

"I'm older!"