Chapter 26: Happy Birthday

Start from the beginning

The moment we step side my apartment, Beverly notices the lights are off, so she goes to turn them on. Once she does, everyone jumps out.

"Surprise!" They chorus. However, the only one surprised is Beverly. There is a banner on the wall that says, Happy Birthday Y/n and Beverly!

"What is this?" She motions towards the banner. "My birthday was last month." Her eyes are filled with excitement as if she doesn't celebrate her birthday.

"I know, but you didn't tell me, so I planned this for you and me." I pull Beverly in for a hug. It doesn't last as long as I hope it will, but gotta keep up that reputation of being a straight person. It has never made sense to me as to why people hate me, just because I like girls. I can't choose to like people I don't like, just like how I can't choose to like girls, I just do.

"Thank you so much, Y/n!" She wipes her eyes, and I hope that those are tears of happiness she's wiping away.

I wave it off like it's not a big deal, but I feel a little fluttery inside. We head into the living room, and there are a few things set out. Although, I think we're probably just going to hang out and talk because the games are a bit boring.

I am a bit surprised that neither Richie nor Eddie came. I asked both of them but it's fine. No big deal. "So, what do you want to do Beverly?"

"Why are you asking me?" She places her hand on her chest and has her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Because I don't know what to do."

I turn around and get some slow music playing. "Well, here's an idea; since we didn't get a chance at the Valentine's Day dance, I thought we might be able to here." I pull her in, place my hand on her waist, and hold her other hand. We start gently swaying to the music, but Beverly looks worried.

"Is my dad here? I don't think he'd like it if he saw us dancing."

"Don't worry, he isn't here. I made sure to make sure that he wouldn't be here when I planned this." I stare at her and smile gently. "I just want you to enjoy this moment."

She starts to turn her face towards mine and smiles too. We start dancing closer, and closer together. Eventually, I tune everything out besides me and her. Beverly seems to enjoy it too, but she still has a bit of nervousness left in her eyes.

I lean close to her ear, so I can whisper. "Hey, I told you not to worry. My parents are making sure that your dad isn't here."

The music stops playing, but we keep dancing. And we keep dancing until my mom interrupts us.

Beverly's P.O.V. (Previous scene)

"Thank you so much, Y/n!" I wipe some of my tears of joy away.

"So, what do you want to do Beverly?"

"Why are you asking me?" I place my hand on my chest and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Because I don't know what to do."

Y/n turns around and get some slow music playing. "Well, here's an idea; since we didn't get a chance at the Valentine's Day dance, I thought we might be able to here." She pulls me in, places her hand on my waist, and holds my other hand. We start gently swaying to the music, but I probably look worried.

"Is my dad here? I don't think he'd like it if he saw us dancing."

"Don't worry, he isn't here. I made sure to make sure that he wouldn't be here when I planned this." She stares at her and smile gently. "I just want you to enjoy this moment."

I start to turn my face towards her and I smile too. We start dancing closer, and closer together. Eventually, I tune everything out besides me and her. I'm starting to enjoy it more, but I still probably have a bit of nervousness left in my eyes.

She leans close to my ear, I'm guessing so that she can whisper something to me. "Hey, I told you not to worry. My parents are making sure that your dad isn't here."

The music stops playing, but we keep dancing, until her mom interrupts us.

She lets us know that it's time for presents and cake. I have a couple presents and obviously, Y/n has more. More people like her than me because 'I'm a slut' but, you know, that's life.

1510 words

I know this is so much shorter than what I usually put out, but I just haven't had any inspiration recently, and I'm super busy. I promise that when I start publishing again the chapters will be at least 2000 words or more. I'm super sorry for taking forever to update, but in the summer I might be better at it, because I might have more free time.

Wash your hands, wear a mask, social distance, and get vaccinated, if possible, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.