Chapter 1: Auditions

November 25th, 1988

Your P.O.V

I hate going to school, because I feel like somehow someone's gonna find out about me. Honestly, I wish I could be homeschooled with Mike, and we could be outcasts together, but Mom won't let me, because "I need a good education, and homeschooling just can't do that for me" or whatever.

My bike chain falls off, "Shit!" I stop and try to put it back on, but I can't fix it, so I just walk my bike to school, and decide to fix it after school.

I finally make it to school and I almost run over Beverly Marsh, aka: one of the most beautiful girls ever.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry," I apologize to her. (You don't stutter in front of your crush because you've learned to control it.)

"It's not your fault..." Beverly looks at me quizzically.

"(Y/n)! I sit by you in Science,"

"Oh yeah! I remember, you always do the best job in that class,"

I walk off and try to get to my first class, but Henry Bowers stops me and pins me against the wall.

"What are you doing Henry?"

"I just want a kiss, babydoll," He leans up close to me, then stops, as he sees a teacher pass by. I get away from him and go to my first class, Literature.

"You're five minutes late Miss. Michaud," says Miss. Thomas. For some reason she hates me, even though I get some of the best grades in her class.

"I'm sorry."

"Just sit down."

As I sit down, I hear Tozier say "What's up hotstuff."

"Leave me alone Tozier,"

"I know you can't resist me,"

"Actually I can, dipshit."

"Language!" Miss Thomas snaps. "Since you are so interested in talking Miss Michaud, why don't you tell us what you thought the main theme of Jane Eyre was,"

"Tozier started it!"

"Well I chose you to tell us about the main theme,"

"Fine, I thought that Jane Eyre is a dense book, and the previous educator was correct to point to the themes of class structure-" I pause to take a breath."-the voice of women in life and literature, and more. Yet perhaps the main theme, the theme which is most pervasive and potent in this novel, is that of self-truth. (I haven't actually read the book yet)

"Well, that was a very good description,"

"I know,"

"Well, let's continue our lesson, with no more interruptions," She says while glaring at me.

Walking to my lunch table, Tozier tries to talk to me again.

"Want me to walk you to your table, sweetcheeks?"

"Leave me alone Tozier," I turn away from him, but he keeps talking to me, so I ignore him.

"Pay attention to me hotstuff,"

"I said leave me alone Tozier,"

My best friend Brenna Jackson(If any of my oc names are yours just change it) starts walking over.

"She said leave her alone Tozier! C'mon, let's just go to our table,"

We walk over to our table and we start eating our lunches and talking to each other. We have a talk about who likes who, and what part we want to audition for in the spring musical The Phantom of the Opera today.

"What part do you want to audition for (Y/n)?" My other friend Zoe asks.

"I think I'll audition for Carlotta,"

"But why, you're so good," They exclaim. "You could be Christine," ( Your other friends names are Erika, Brittany, Cady, and Chloe)

"I just don't want to audition for that role."

"You could impress your crush, Addison," Zoe says.

Yeah, he's a nice guy, and I might like him if I wasn't already interested in someone else/a lesbian.

"I highly doubt he would be there, but if you really want me to audition for her, I'll try."

They clap their hands, because they're excited for me.

*Ring ring* We all hurry to finish our food, then rush off to our separate classes.

I make it to my fifth class, French, and we are learning how to conjugate verbs into the past tense.

"Qui comprend déjà la leçon," (Who already understands the lesson)

A few people raise their hands, including me. We spend the next hour learning how to conjugate verbs.

"Auditions are starting now!" Mr. Schuester declares. "First up is Chloe Davidson,"

She goes in, and I start thinking about how I wish Beverly Marsh was gay and liked me until I hear "Next is (Y/n) Michaud,"

"Hi, I'm auditioning for the part of Christine, and I will be singing Think of Me."

"Okay, do you have the music?"

"Yes, I have it on MP3 and the sheet music,"

"I'll use the sheet music,"

(Play the song now)

I sing the first minute or so of the song, then after he excuses me, I go home and fix my bike.

I'm inside playing with my little sister Calypso, and Mom is making dinner.

"(Y/n)!" Calypso yells.

"What?"

"Can we play princesses?"

"Of course Caly,"

"Hooray!"

We play princesses for about half an hour. Calypso's favorite part is when she's the damsel locked in the tower and I have to save her. We use candles to make it seem more dramatic.

"(Y/n)!"

"What's wrong Calypso?" I ask.

"Do you smell something?"

"I don't smell anything,"

"It smells like smoke," As soon as she says it, I see smoke climbing up the walls.

"Calypso, we need to get out now!"

I feel the heat from the fire and it starts to climb up the walls and onto the ceiling. It starts to burn one of the support beams above Calypso.

"Caly look out!"

"What's happening Chouchou?"

The fire burns through the beam and it falls onto Calypso. I try to push her out of the way, but I miss and I end up having a burning piece of wood land on my left leg.

"AAAAAHHHHH!" I scream in pain. "MOM, HELP, IT'S CALYPSO!"

The door bursts open and Mom is on the phone with the fire department. Dad has some gloves on and tries to help me get out from under the beam. Oceane and Charles are both at a friends house.

After five minutes the fire trucks arrive, but they didn't get here in time to save Calypso. They also said that I would have to wear a cast on my leg for one month, and that I would have a slight limp for a while, but I would still be able to ride my bike.

Our house burnt down, so we have to move to another place in town. My mom and dad start looking for another place.

A few weeks later (You stayed with Brenna while they were trying to find someplace to stay and you got driven to school)

We were able to find a nice apartment and it's relatively close to our house so we don't have to go far, and I would still be in the same school.

1185 words. Not including the authors note

Stay safe, and don't do drugs kids! Also wash your hands to help prevent the Corona Virus.