Chapter 5: Farming is my "secret" joy

Please comment your opinions, I'm not trying to sound selfish, but it really helps me know that people are enjoying my story.

y/c = your city
Y/s = your sexuality
f/c = favorite color

December 10th, 1988

Your P.O.V

On Saturdays, I wake up earlier than most people would, because I usually go to Mike's house to help out on the farm. Even though it might sound boring, I actually really enjoy helping them.

I remember the first time I met Mike, when I moved here from y/c after some people around town found out that I was Y/s and I started to get death threats.

Flash back to when you moved to Derry, in 1985

We're driving to our new house in a place called Derry, because too many people threatened to kill me after they found out I was Y/s. I thought that they weren't serious, but someone tried to shoot me on my way home from school.

Mom and dad tell me that we're moving here, because they already know someone who has faced things like me. I know it seems like I'm too young to know that I like girls, because I'm only 10, but I do know that I like them. I see some cows on a farm and Calypso wants to go see them.

"Mommy can I see the cows pleeeeeeease." She says what I want to say.

"Only if you take Charles with you." Mom looks at me, asking if I want to go too. I nod, because cows.

After we got to the cow pasture, I see a black boy who looks my age. He comes over and asks, "Do you want to see the sheep?"

"Can I Charlie?" I turn to Charlie with my eyes like a puppy dog's.

"Do you want to see the sheep too Caly?"

"No, sheep stinky."

Charles turns back to me, "Only for a few minutes Chouchou, we still need to get to our new home and unpack."

I climb over the fence, and the boy and I start walking to the sheep. The boy starts talking to me. "Is Chouchou your real name?"

"That's just my nickname, my name actually is y/n, what's yours?"

"I'm Mike."

I put my hand out for him to shake, "Nice to meet you Mike."

He shakes my hand. "You too."

We keep walking to the sheep and we run into an old man, and even though I hardly know Mike, I hide behind him in fear, because old men were the ones to mainly threaten me when people knew that I liked girls. Like the man who shot me in the shoulder.

"It's okay Y/n, that's Gramps."

"H-hi," I nervously say, while still behind Mike.

His grandpa bends down and smiles at me warmly. "So are you here to see the sheep?"

I nod. "Uh-huh."

"Well go ahead then," He starts to walk away, but turns around and asks me, "I almost forgot, what's your name?"

"I'm Y/n."

"Well Y/n, make sure you're careful with the lambs."

"I will."

Mike grabs my hand. "C'mon y/n."

We both go to see the lambs. Mike lets me hold one of them and feed it. He tells me their names are Daisy, Jane, Bob, and Hubert. "When can I see them again?"