Chapter 2: Moving in

December 6th, 1988

Your P.O.V

"Why did we have to move to a place where we have to go up three flights of stairs to go to our apartment?" I complain. (Your leg is still broken so you only carry light stuff.)

"It was the most affordable one, and there's a girl next door who's about your age," Mom points out.

"I already have friends, remember?"

"Just finish helping, okay," She says, exasperated.

As we are moving some more of our stuff into the apartment through the elevator, the people next door come out.

"Do you need some help?" The dad asks. "I heard some noise coming from out here,"

"Yes please, this box is really heavy,"

"Have you met my daughter, Bevvie?" (When her dad calls her Bevvie, I gag)

Our parents start talking to each other, and they bring the rest of the boxes and things up to our apartment. They leave us alone to talk and get to know each other.

"So, I guess we're neighbors now," Beverly remarks. (I'm sorry, I just want people to be able to tell who is speaking)

"I guess we are," God I love her so much, I wish I could date her, but I would be exposed and I could lose my friends.

"Maybe we could bike to school together, since we're neighbors now?" Did she just ask if she could bike with me to school!

Beverly's P.O.V

"Maybe we could bike to school together, since we're neighbors now?" Did I just ask her that? What if she says no?

"I can't bike right now, but I could ride with my friend, if I can bring my friend with,"

"That's fine," Oh my God! She said yes! Calm down, we're just biking.

Our parents finish moving her stuff inside their apartment, so we have to go back to our own apartments.

I go into my room and sit down on my bed. My dad opens the door, sits down next to me and puts his hand on my back, and says, "Bevvie, I think you should be friends with the girl next door, she seems like such a good influence,"

"I'll try daddy,"

He leaves, and I change my shirt as soon as he leaves to get his touch off of me. I'm so happy that (Y/N) is living by me, and she said I could bike with her! Wait, why am I happy, I don't like her do I, That's not possible, I'm straight.

Your P.O.V

Right after I get inside, I call Brenna to ask if she could bike with me and Beverly to and from school tomorrow.

Italics: (Y/n) Bold: Brenna

"Guess who just asked to bike me to school tomorrow!"

Who?

"It was Beverly!" We both get super excited because she's the only person who knows about my sexuality other than my family. "But I told her I would bring a friend, so I'm bringing you."

"That's great! I can be your wing-woman."

"I'm still not sure if she's gay though, and our group might get mad at us for hanging out with the 'school slut'."

"We can just ask her if it's okay if we leave her a little behind us."

"Well, see you tomorrow!"

"Love you! Bye!"

We both hang up, and I do a little dance in my room to celebrate Beverly asking me to bike with her.