Chapter 3

A Black Eye And A Truce  ( Just saying these chapters are not going to be edited so, beware of bad spelling always!)

Hanji - 
I groaned as I swept the duster over Levi's desk. It was the day of the big presentation and Levi was back to being a jerk. It started with that morning conversation actually...

" Hey four eyes!" I winced as I heard Levi's voice call out. 

"Yes?" I asked turning around. 

"You are to stay here when I go. Petra will be assisting me instead of you. I don't need another " journey" like last time." He glared at me as he said this. I felt my mouth pop open with shock. He still haden't gotten over that?! I had gotten crazy drunk at a party that happened to be next door to the office where Levi was having his presentation. His clients weren't to happy about the pounded music next door. Levi, trying to impress them, went to go "set us straight". We were all wasted so when he came knocking, we all thought he was the police. Let's just say that the outside fire exit ladder, looked pretty darn good for an escape right then. So, we all piled out and onto the ladder. I was the lucky one to kick the window air conditioning unit. With a loud smashing sound, an in raged yell from Levi, and a very drunk Hanji, I totaled his car. 

I apologized and said that it wasn't too bad, but then it caught on fire and burned to the frame. Levi was livid after that. He was great though. I mean he waited until the clients left to rip into me. By then I was a little more sober. I freaked out realizing fully what had happened. He had one of those expensive cars that I would always dream about but not ever have. It was a nightmare paying that off. 

"You know what, that was rude. You know I feel bad about that!" I cried as I glared out the window. I heard him scoff and walk out of the break room. Even though Levi annoyed me, I kind of admired him. He was always working and NEVER seemed to break under pressure. I was always able to look to him when all hell broke loose. He was the eye of the storm, the calmest point. I shook my head to clear the thoughts out of it. I didn't need to think about stuff like that right now. 

"HEY!"  I heard a voice yell. My heart speed up and I rushed out into the hall. My eyes widened at the sight. My body moved on impulse as I lunged forward the few feet. 

"NO!" I cried out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Levi -

I walked out of the office and into the hall. Petra greeted me with her usual smile.

"Okay so here are your papers in order. I also have the slides in the order of the topics. I listed them here and....." I listened to Petra, not really paying attention to anything else. Suddenly a loud "HEY!" catches my attention. I turn only to see a fist coming at my face. 

Oh god. I don't have enough time to dodge. I thought and I closed my eyes bracing myself for the impact. I heard the sound of flesh hitting flesh but no pain came. Instead I heard a "No!". My eyes flew open as I saw a familiar brown ponytail slid to the ground. 

"Oh my god! Hanji! " I said surprised. I knelt down beside her. She sat on the ground clutching her left eye. My eyes widened as I watched a drop of blood hit the carpet. She was bleeding.

" Oh lord. Come on. We need to clean you up and see if you need stitches. AND YOU!" I cried turning to the culprit. It was Jean. My eyes narrowed at the boy. "You. In my office. NOW!" His face paled and I watched as Marco and Connie, two other employies, escorted him. I turned my attention back to Hanji.