Chapter 4

My phone buzzed and I stopped to breath for a second. I had been dancing for hours now, my lungs completely burning because of it. I hadn't even cared that I had lost Ethan in the crowd, I had felt too alive too care.

I waved off the little group I had found myself with and pushed myself through the partying people, taking out my phone.

-You look absolutely breathtaking tonight, Clark. You're kinda making it hard to focus on the party...- unknown

Lol, what the fuck is this? I laughed at the silly text and looked around the room. Most people were just dancing or talking to their friends. The phone in my hand buzzed again and I looked down to read a new text.

-You're not gonna find me that easy, princess. Why don't we play a little game?- unknown

Alright, that's a little creepy. How did they even get my number?

Uneasy, I made my way outside and typed a reply to the unknown person.

-Who's this?-

I sat down on the grass just as another text came through.

-What's the fun in telling you already... - unknown

-What do you want dude?-

-You got me interested and most people here are pretty boring and predictable, so I figured this could be fun. Don't worry though, I'm not some forty year old dude catfishing you or something - unknown

Yeah, I'm officially done responding. Putting the phone back in my pocket, I took a deep breath and enjoyed the cold breeze that swirled around me. I looked up at the sky and found the stars shining brighter than ever, not a single cloud in their way. It really was a beautiful night.

Or so I thought until I felt my phone go off again. Rolling my eyes, I opened it.

-I see you're not in the mood for games tonight, I'll just annoy you another time alright? I did mean what I said, you look amazing tonight - unknown

I frantically started looking around again before I threw the phone on the grass next to me. Screw this.

It's probably just some drunken idiot who thinks they're being funny with these messages.

'Just relax' I kept repeating the phrase in my head and let myself fall back on the soft, slightly damp grass. I blew out a breath and closed my eyes, enjoying the peace it gave me. I'm not gonna let this get to my head...

Hearing a giggle next to me I let my head fall to the side, a girl leaning against her car a few meters over, a beer in her hand.

"Having a rough night?", she asked as she walked over and plopped down next to me.

She looked really pretty. Long black hair that almost came to her waist, fiery green eyes and a beautiful pair of cheekbones. She had a really feisty and rebellious look yet looked like a model. You could say that I was kinda jealous of her looks.

"Helloww", she snapped me out of my thoughts, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry and yeah, you could say that. Don't really have a high alcohol tolerance...", I answered back.

"You're the new girl, Ella right? How was your first day?", she asked, laying down as well.

"It was okay, but I do have to admit that it's been already quite chaotic. I did meet some people but I've pretty much lost all of them", I rambled, not really sure what else to say to her.

"You can always came and hang out with me and my friends", she proposed as she got up from the grass. Should I?

"I'm not really sure. It is getting kinda late and I don't want to bother you or y-"