Chapter 17- Exhibition

"It seems she is on the path to forgiveness," those simple words seemed to alight something in Goro. Akira himself had to admit he too felt a spark of determination at hearing Igor's words. Although the news that Ann was beginning to forgive Goro hadn't been the thing to stick in his mind hours after. He could still see those large, glassy eyes staring at him through the dimly lit cell. Those deep red eyes didn't hold any anger, resentment or annoyance that they usually did. They had looked appreciative if anything. Beautiful.

The small 'thanks' Goro had uttered as they left the velvet room to make it back to Ann and Morgana- who they had left on the pretence of going to the bathroom- only proved to cement Goro further in his mind. It had felt so genuine, all suspicions and unease he had felt towards Goro had disappeared entirely for the short while they walked side by side.

"Akira, are you seeing this?! The intricacies within this painting... how Murakami uses the shape of his lines to create movement! It's astonishing! Don't you agree?" Akira blinked at the boy beside him as though he had just noticed he was there.
"Yeah you can really see the uh.. movement." He responded, taking a moment to really think about his response.
"Quite so!" Yusuke nodded in agreement. "I would never say that I would ever produce anything akin Murakami's work, but comparing it to my own is enlightening to say the least." Akira nodded making a small 'mhmm' sound in his throat, hoping this would suffice. It seemed to.

He glanced around the large room, searching and then his eyes found what he had been looking for.
"I see you haven't moved since I left." Goro smiled in amusement, "I managed to find a guide, and it wasn't where one would originally think to look." He added offhandedly. Akira peered over at the small slip of folded paper in Goro's hand as he approached. This place was bigger than he had thought.

The first time he had been to an art exhibition was when Ann, Ryuji, Morgana and himself had attempted to change Ichiryusai Madarame's heart. They had received the tickets from Yusuke himself, but he could confidently say that Yusuke had only given tickets to him and Ryuji out of association with Ann. But in that situation they had only gone as a way to approach Yusuke to ask him about his relationship with Madarame. Since then, Akira hadn't felt inclined to go to another until Yusuke had invited him the day prior.

At the mention of Yusuke's invitation, Goro had appeared less than interested and Morgana had very clearly shown his feelings in regard to not wanting to step foot in another art gallery again any time soon.
"I'll sit this one out, the last time was enough for me." The cat had said, in an unusually low tone.

Once he had asked Yusuke if Goro could accompany them and had gotten the ok, Goro's attitude had changed completely. He had then seemed apprehensive yet determined. For him this was yet another opportunity to win over a member of the phantom thieves.

"So Kitagawa, how did you find out about this exhibition?" Goro voiced conversationally as they finally moved to a different painting, Yusuke having analysed the first thoroughly.
"I'm surprised you hadn't! I believe the news has been quite publicized as of lately. Haven't you been wondering why the subways have been so busy?" Now to mention it, Akira might've overheard the old couple who frequented LeBlanc discuss it at one point. He had half blocked it out. "Akira surely you must've been aware." Akira gave a start at the sound of his name and panicked,
"Oh, sure." He could feel Goro's unconvinced gaze on him yet he willed himself not to make it obvious he had noticed.

"Akira, I never knew you were so versed with art related news, do remind me, what was the name of the artist whom's exhibition we are in now?" Akira finally looked over at Goro who was looking expectantly at him. He could tell Goro knew exactly the predicament he had just put him in and was revelling in it immensely. Akira blanched, peering down at the guide in Goro's hand which Goro then tilted up and out of Akira's vision quickly. Akira cursed internally, damn Goro's perceptiveness. He looked up at Goro with a scowl and was met with a smug smirk.