Chapter 3- A Walk with the Devil

He had told Morgana what had happened when he next found him. The conversation had gone as one might have expected. Not well. Especially when Akira had said that Akechi hadn't invited Morgana. Akira seemed to be getting the brunt of Morgana's anger.

All through the morning Morgana had been sending threatening looks over at Akira.
"I didn't want to go you know." He called as Morgana stalked off, tail swishing as if to say 'yeah sure'. He was such a diva.

He followed the cats descent down the stairs and came to an unpleasant sight. Akechi was already standing in the doorway in some kind of confrontation with Sojiro who was examining Akechi like someone who was trying to discern whether the coffee they were given was spoiled or not.

"Wait aren't you...?" It then seemed to dawn on Sojiro who this boy was, "Get out of my cafe." He saw Akechi's face fall, and saw him slip his hand into his pocket to withdraw a small pouch of leather. He pulled out a couple of notes from the wallet and slid them across the bench to Sojiro,
"For yesterday." Akira could see the cogs turning in Sojiro's head as he tried to figure out what was happening.

"Wait yesterday? This guy let you in?" He then looked at the money that Akechi had given him and raised an eyebrow, "how much did you drink to pay this much? I knew my prices are a little steep, but..." Akechi gave a wry smile that didn't seem to reach his eyes,
"I believe it was double, plus interest?" Akechi tilted his head to acknowledge Akira who was now framed in the stairwell. Sojiro glanced at Akira also, in a way that was attempting to get an additional source to Akechi's story.

"I'm a natural born hustler, what can I say." Akira shrugged nonchalantly. Akechi chuckled softly behind his hand and replaced his wallet in his jacket pocket.
"Well I don't mean to be an intrudence, I was only stopping by briefly," Akechi said warmly to Sojiro, an eye flicking over to Akira who hadn't moved from his spot.
"Ah," Akira exclaimed, coming to his senses again, "oh yeah..." he jumped down the last step and walked over to Akechi, stopping in front of him expectantly. "Well escort, lead on."

"Wait, you're going with this guy, I thought he tried to kill you?" Sojiro looked perplexed at Akira's compliance to be around Akechi and there was a hiss of agreement from the booth seat behind him,
"I'm glad Boss sees how this is 'somehow' wrong, so why can't you see it Akira?" Akira eyed Morgana apologetically, hopefully in a way that conveyed he would explain himself later.

"He says he agrees with your thinking," Akechi said politely to Sojiro who had been staring at Morgana as if he was trying to distinguish intelligible words,
"I don't need you to translate for me!" Morgana mewed angrily, giving Akechi a death glare. It was a glare that you didn't want to be on the receiving side of and Akechi seemed to have noticed the amount of time ticking away to his death shortening drastically by the second because the next second he hurried towards the door.
"I'll see you soon," he said to both Sojiro and Morgana who were watching the pair of them, both looking rather deflated.

"Don't get into any more trouble, I don't want to see you back in prison, you got that?" Sojiro said harshly, but he could detect a hint of kindness behind the words.
"If you're not back by 2:00 I'm sending out a search party." He gave a small thumbs up when Akechi's back was to them and smiled reassuringly. This wasn't going to take long. He would just break the news that there wasn't a high of not any chance of being buddies after the whole attempted murder bussiness and everything would be done and dusted. Shouldn't take longer than 10 seconds tops.

It was only when he found himself halfway through a lap of Inokashira Park, that he knew his 10 second plan had majorly failed somewhere.
"It really is quite cold today," Akechi muttered awkwardly as he pulled his jacket closer in to his body in the attempt to conserve heat. Akira didn't answer. No real discussion had come up yet. Only passing comments and -this time- a statement about the weather. "You're probably wondering why I asked you to accompany me today," Akira shook himself awake internally. Here was what Akechi had really wanted to get out of this walk.