1

"ISEUL!" 

Before she could even look, Iseul was tackled down and engulfed into a tight hug. She groaned as the dull pain shot through her body. She should have expected it from her best friend to find out before she could call her.

"Daeun, chill. You're killing her." Doyoung lectured, using his jacket to shield Daeun's skirt.  

"Shut up, I haven't seen her in years." Daeun snapped. "Iseul you didn't tell me you're coming back! Give me a kiss."

"I miss you and all, but it's only been a year and I'm dying here." Iseul whined, trying to breathe. Daeun just mumbled a shy apology and helped her up. "It's nice to see you again."

"You've changed so much! Have you been eating well?" Daeun asked. 

"I have... I guess." Iseul shrugged. She adjusted her glasses and cleared her throat. "I see you and Doyoung are doing well too. I'm glad you two finally got together. I would have locked you two in a room until one of you confessed if you didn't."

"Yeah. After leaving their group he and I just popped off." Daeun shyly explained.

"Don't act like you didn't court me." Doyoung scoffed. "You should have seen her Seul. She was head over heels for me."

"Shut up." Daeun grumbled, ears turning red. "I have my baby right in front of me, don't embarrass me."

"Whatever, Hon. I need to get to class." Doyoung planted a brief kiss on the crown of Daeun's head before turning to Iseul. "I'll catch up with you when Daeun decides to let you go. I have a lot to tell you too."

"I'm stealing your girlfriend from you. She's mine now." Iseul grinned, hugging Daeun as she shot a smug look at him. The boy just rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Yeah, yeah she's all yours. I'll see you at home babe." Doyoung sighed, walking away. 

The two began walking around, enjoying the rest of lunch catching up with each other. Iseul tried her best to keep up with Daeun, but the stares and whispers were hard to ignore on her part. 

"So, how's life now?" Daeun started, happily walking beside her. Iseul didn't know why but her jolly friend always had the ability to infect others. "I like the glasses, they make you look smart."

"Key word is look. I just got them since I'm tired of wearing contacts." Iseul chuckled. "I moved out and got a job to do the bookkeeping for a cafe."  

Daeun nodded, a proud smile on her face. They had known each other since they were in elementary due to their moms being best friends. It was a surprise that the two of them as total opposites got along pretty well.  

"Oh yeah. We got into a new friend group and I'm sure they'll accept you with open arms." Daeun grinned. She pulled her phone out and showed her their latest group photo. Iseul recognized some of them, the other two she didn't.

"Who are these two?" Iseul asked.

"You know Sicheng already. This is Johnny and Jaehyun, new members of the soccer team. There's also another one but he wasn't there that day. They're pretty chill so I'm sure you'll get along with them pretty well."

The moment soccer was mentioned, Iseul's face dropped. She pursed her lips together as she felt a twist in her stomach and pull at her heart. She looked down and Daeun realized what she had said.

"I'm sorry." Daeun apologized. "I should have asked first. I thought it was okay to talk about it-"

"No, it's okay. I'm just... overreacting. It's been a year. I'm totally over it." Iseul awkwardly assured. It was obvious anything related to him still affected her. 

They were together for almost five years after all.

"Daeun! Your brother is looking for you at the gates." Donghyuck called, approaching them. "Wow, Iseul you're here. The rumors are true."

"Nice to see you too Dongs." Iseul greeted. "You should go to your brother. I wanted to walk around before I head to class anyway."

"My number is still the same. Text me after class, I'm taking you to a party." Daeun smiled and followed Donghyuck towards wherever her brother was.

"But-"

"No buts! There's nothing better to mend a broken heart than with some alcohol and meeting new people!" Daeun cut off as they disappeared at the corner. "See you, Bee!"

"I don't think I'm ready." Iseul quietly finished. There was nothing else she could do since it's hard to change Daeun's mind. She began walking, her feet taking her anywhere they could.

It felt somewhat nostalgic to walk around the university after a while, yet she couldn't deny the subtle loneliness she felt as she did. Those happy days of living in a dream were over and she should be thankful she 'woke up' from it. 

She came to a stop at sight of the vast green field. Her lips pursed into a straight line as she looked around. He was there by the goal, talking with his friends as they took a break from their training.

It seemed like time didn't touch him at all. He looked the same as he did, only his hair was now silver. He looked like his usual happy self and it seemed like he was actually doing better. His smile warmed her heart, a sense of relief washing over her.

Iseul, stop thinking about him. You're better than this. You should be angry.

The next thing she knew, white hot pain jolted through her body as a soccer ball collided with the side of her head. She lost her balance and fell straight onto her butt.

"Fuck." Iseul cursed, clutching her throbbing head. Her vision was a blur as her other hand was in a blind search for her glasses.

"I'm sorry. I kicked the ball too hard." The person apologized, crouching down to get a closer look at her. "Do you need help? The infirmary is nearby."

"It's alright, it's not like this hasn't happened to me before." Iseul assured. She squinted her eyes, trying to identify who was in front of her. 

"You're not dying or anything? No blood, world spinning, or something?" He followed up.

"I'm fine." Iseul reassured.

"If you say so." He mumbled, getting up and walking away. 

Iseul found her glasses and quickly put them on. She let her vision adjust as she stared at the back of his retreating figure. His somewhat long crimson hair stood out the most, her eyes wide in awe at the beauty.

Never thought I'd see red hair like that in real life.

The bell rang loudly, signaling she would be late for her next class if she didn't run. She forced herself up from the ground and rushed towards her next class.

"Ugh, this is gonna be a headache." 

A/N

hey welcome to contract boyfriend! I'm really excited for this story especially because there's a lot of tea here ;o

writing that scene with Iseul getting hit in the head with a ball reminds me of that time i was just vibing at the gym and got hit by some volleyball

who do you think Iseul's ex is?