13

The score was 2-2, 5 minutes left on the clock. Although it was a friendly game, it brought everyone to the edge of their seats. It was a game with their pride and hard work on the line. 

"You don't look so good. Is the weather getting to you?" Daeun asked, eyes scanning her friend from head to toe. She thought Iseul was just flustered earlier, but now it didn't seem like that. 

"When has she ever looked good?" Sohye butted in. "You guys are so harsh, not sharing the umbrella."

"When have you ever looked human? Does it look like you're welcomed in this conversation? Girl go touch some grass." Daeun shot back. "Audacity of this bitch. If you forgot, you weren't welcomed on this trip in the first place."

"You're just jealous my beauty is not on a human level."

"Listen little bitch-"

"Daeun. Calm, okay? This is an important day." Iseul interjected. She wiped her wet hands with one of the towels and took shelter under the umbrella's shade.  "She can have all the beauty she wants but never the brains anyway. Her intelligence isn't on human level either."

Their focus shifted back to the field where the ball was in Jaehyun's possession. He was marked by Changbin which made her even more nervous. Jaehyun has a habit of hogging the ball especially when he gets competitive. 

"If he doesn't pass the ball to Sungchan I'm going to pass away." Iseul sighed, putting al her hope in Jaehyun. 

"Why Sungchan? Yuta is free for the ball." Daeun asked.

"It's riskier to pass it to Yuta with Taecyeon marking him and Chan not so far away." Iseul explained. "I just hope Jaehyun passes it though."

Jaehyun could feel Iseul's gaze from the sideline and he knew what she was worried about. His eyes scanned the field before locking on to Yuta who was free. Jaehyun pushed the ball back slightly with his right foot.

"You know, newbies can be monsters too." Jaehyun was quick to pivot onto his other foot  and kick the ball towards Sungchan. 

Sungchan ran like his life depended on it the moment  he received the ball. He was able to dribble past his mark and make it closer to the goal. He kicked the ball in without a second thought and watched it fly directly into the corner of the back post of the goal. 

The whistle sounded just in time and was followed by the various cheers of the Neozone team. They all gathered around Sungchan and nearly suffocated him with the hugs. They eventually calmed down and went to line up to shake hands with the other team. 

"I got to say, you guys shouldn't be underestimated." Chan chuckled, shaking Taeyong's hand. "Your new recruits are monsters man. I saw my life flash before my eyes at that last goal."

"It was a nice game." Taeyong smiled. "I hope to see you guys in the uni league."

"We'll get our revenge there." Chan declared.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen and my non binary friends, it's time to get hydrated." Sai announced. "You guys can look forward to your last dinner on this training camp. Daeun and I will be cooking a feast." 

"Yuta." Shotaro meekly called, slowly approaching the older boy. He looked at Sungchan before gesturing Yuta to come closer. He whispered a couple of things before stepping back. 

"Thank you. I'll take care of it." Yuta thanked, walking away. "Daeun. Where's Iseul?"

"She went inside to get more water I think." Daeun shrugged. She pointed to the direction Iseul went to. "You can just wait-- and there he goes."