Masquerade Ball

AN: Guys you are AWESOME! Thank you so much for 600 reads! I never expected to have that number in my first fanfiction. Please vote, comment and share so I can know if you are enjoying the story of if you want to add any idea.

.....

"If I could have your attention please?" Asked Dumbledore from the front of the Great Hall. All the students turned around to face the Hogwarts headmaster. "Instead of having a Yule Ball Hogwarts will be having a Masquerade Ball!"

Instantly whispers and giggles filled the Great Hall and Nico could hear a few words like "date", and "dress" go around. Nico felt a tap on his shoulder and moved his head to be met with bright blue eyes.

"Nico Di Angelo, would you do me the honor of being my date to the Masquerade Ball?" Will asked holding a bouquet of flowers and a heart-shaped chocolate box that Nico had no idea where they came from since they hadn't been there a second ago but had a suspicion that it was Hermione. He saw her in the corner of his eye putting her wand back to her bag with a satisfied smirk that could pass off as a Slytherin one.

Nico rolled his eyes at his boyfriend's dramatics (which he found utterly adorable but will never admit). "Of course, Sunshine."

.....

"You're kidding right?" Nico asked Harry who was holding the most atrocious piece of clothing he had ever seen.

"They are dress robes," Ron said with a confused expression. "Did you not use them in your old school?"

"No, we were more a coat and tie or tuxedo kind of thing," Nico murmured still shocked that he had to wear that. It resembled a tuxedo but it had a longer coat brown coat and... wait... were those fringes in the sleeves? Nope. He was not going to wear that.

"You wore muggle clothes?" Harry asked incredulously.

"I mean they definitely looked better than this," Nico replied. "How old is that?"

"Hey, my mother sent you this as a favor!" Ron exclaimed. "You know we are not made of money."

"But like don't you have magic?" Nico asked. "Can't you just like make gold appear out of nothing and duplicate the galleons?"

"That's not how it works!" Ron said offended. Nico just shrugged but took the dress robes nonetheless.

"I'll just ask Drew to make some changes in these," Nico murmured. He got out of the room and headed towards the Beuxbatons carriages.

.....

(Day of the Spring Ball)

He had to say that Drew made more than a few changes and he couldn't be happier. The ugly brown was now pitch black, she had gotten rid of the fringes (thank gods) and the stains were gone as well as some odd things that it had like holes and bad combination of colors. Now it looked more like a normal tuxedo with white trims and he had a white rose in the front pocket.

"Hey, Nico. Do you know how to tie a bow tie?" Will asked as he entered the room. He had on the same design as Nico but the colors were inverted. His dress robes were white with black trims and he had a black rose neatly inside his pocket.

Nico felt himself blush. He knew his boyfriend was hot, there was no denying that but he had never seen Will dress up for a formal event. He had been too used to the "hot surfer look" and not the "classy guy in the gala look". Without saying anything he neared Will and tied the bow in a matter of seconds since he had been to a lot of "galas" in the Lotus Casino. Yes, there could be elegant events held inside a casino unlike most people thought.

"There, all done," Nico said his cheeks burning a dark crimson. Will leaned in and pecked his cheek.

"I love seeing you all flustered!" Will exclaimed which only made the Italian turn redder. "It's so cute!"

"Shut up," he grumbled. "Let's just go."

Nico handed Will his white mask with black jewels while he put on his own

.....

As they were walking they saw everyone with masks that matched their outfits, most girls and some boys giving the couple appreciative glances and chuckling lightly at seeing Ron wear the same dress he had last year. Will even asked Nico if Ron was trying to make a fashion statement or something of the sort which only made the Italian laugh more.

"Hey guys," a voice said behind them recognizing the tone of the son of Athena.

The couple turned around to be met with grey eyes and a pair of brown eyes beside him. Nico and Will's jaw dropped in shock not expecting this turn of events. After a few seconds, they kind of got where it was coming from. Children of Athena usually preferred dating those who are also smart and who could be smarter than the one and only Hermione Granger?

She was dressed in a complete black ball gown with silver pumps and a thin silver necklace with matching earrings. Her hair was kept in waves and she had a natural makeup look since they couldn't see much more than from the cheeks to her chin. Draco matched her outfit with a black and silver tuxedo with a slightly longer coat making it a dress robes. 

"Hey Nico," Hermione said nodding to Nico and then facing Will greeting them

"Hey Nico," Hermione said nodding to Nico and then facing Will greeting them. "Will."

"Well who would have expected this," Nico said jokingly. "The Gryffindor Princess and the Slytherin Prince?"

"Yes, Drake." Will continued mockingly. "What would your father say?" Will faked a gasp putting a hand on his chest.

Draco chuckled while Hermione looked a bit nervous. "It's okay I'm sure only you two will recognize you and maybe Neville and Luna. These masks cover most of our faces and by using black and silver we don't give out so much of our houses." Draco replied with a smirk taking Hermione's hand. "Plus who would think that Hermione Granger would wear silver, a Slytherin color, to the ball?"

Nico noticed how her stance relaxed slightly when he touched her hand. Apparently, the blond did too because he smirked smugly.

"I thought you would end up with Potter, you know?" Nico whispered in Draco's ear. "I saw you throwing some glances his way."

"I'm bi, not blind," Draco replied. "Plus Harry is mainly all looks and too dumb for me. While Hermione here has the looks and the brains. Practically a real-life Belle."

Nico nodded in understatement and remembered how Hermione did tell him that she had a "secret boyfriend". They had become fast friends and he definitely approved of their relationship. Suddenly a booming voice caught the group's attention.

"Please the champions and their partners join the dance floor," Dumbledore announced. "We are going to start the initial dance!"

Nico took Will's hand and led him to the center of the room where the dance floor was. He saw Drew with the Durmstrang champion. The pair looked like they had come together. He was happy that Drew found someone and the Dmitri guy seemed nice. Once both pairs were on the dance floor Nico took the lead in the dance since he had been trained by Persephone how to dance he spun Will around and they swayed gracefully as well as Dmitri and Drew. Slowly people joined them. The music stopped and the Great Hall doors opened dramatically. At the door was a professor, he though his name was Filch.

"Dumbledore they have broken the wards! THEY ARE IN! There are Death Eaters inside!" Filch exclaimed.

'Why can't anything ever be peaceful?' he thought.

.....

AN: Hope you liked it! Please tell me your opinion I really appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Stay safe, everyone!