Year 2-4 | Heir of Slytherin

Start from the beginning

"Enemies of the Heir be aware? You'll be next mudbloods, and you Clermont" Draco shoots me a dirty look.

"What's goin' on here? Get on, out of my way" Filch starts to shove between the students walking towards us. Oh no, he's definitely gonna flip out on us. "Potter... What are you.." He stops as his gaze shifts over to his petrified cat. "...Mrs. Norris?... You.. murdered my cat" His voice started to shake as he glared at Harry.

"No-" He lets out a whisper of some sort, fear in his eyes. Filch's love for his cat was very well known across the school.

"I'll kill ya," he says grabbing Harry by his cloak. "I'LL KILL YA!"

"Argus!" A familiar voice of an old man approaches us. The crowd of students parted revealing Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Lockhart.

"Argus I-" Dumbledore too pauses and looks up at the bloody message on the wall and the petrified cat. "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately". Thank Merlin, I did not want to be here in the middle of everyone who was suspecting us. I grabbed onto Hermione's arm to leave who was just as eager to leave as I was and turned around.

"Everyone except-" Everybody paused to look back at Dumbledore. Please do not say our name, please.

"You four," He says pointing at us. Merlin's beard it's only the second year of Hogwarts and I feel like I've got myself in more trouble then I have my whole life.

"She's not dead Argus, she has been petrified."

"Ah, thought so. So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the counter curse that could've spared her" I look over at Dumbledore wishing he had realized his stupidity now however to my luck, he only nods at him. Isn't Dumbledore supposed to be wise?

"But how she has been petrified I cannot say."

"Ask him, He's the one that's done it, you saw what he wrote on the wall" I have to admit I did feel bad for Filch. His voice was all shaky and his hands were trembling.

"It's not true sir, I swear I'd never touch Mrs. Norris."

"Rubbish."

"If I might add headmaster, perhaps Potter and his friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time" We looked at each other surprised, that was Snape talking. Snape defending Harry. Is he drunk?

"However." There it is, that's the Snape we know and hate. "..These circumstances are suspicious. I for one, don't recall seeing Potter at dinner" He slowly started to walk towards Harry keeping his eye contact.

"I'm afraid that's my doing Severus. You see Harry was helping me answer my fan mail," I looked over at Harry trying to hold a laugh and he looked over giving me a quick smile. That's what he was in detention for? Talk about a perfect way to torture someone.

"That's why Ron, Evelyn and I went looking for him Profesor. We just found him when he said-" I quickly nudged Hermione.

"Yes, Miss Granger?"

"When I said I wasn't hungry," Harry finished.

"We were heading back to the common room when we found Mrs. Norris," I added as we all nodded at Snape.

"Innocent until proven guilty," Dumbledore said. At least he wasn't all stupid.

"My cat has been petrified. I wanna see some punishment!" Filch's eyes were now filled with tears and he had the saddest frown I have ever seen, his body trembling like crazy.

"We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand, Madam Sprout has a healthy collection of growing Mandrakes. When they all fully grow then we can make a potion which will be made to return Mrs. Norris to her original state." That relieved me, as much as I didn't really like Filch, I did feel sympathy towards him. After all his cat was like his family for him."...And in the meantime, I strongly recommend caution.. to all"

~***~

The corridors were empty and silent. I followed tightly behind Hermione as the staircases moved.

"It's a bit strange isn't it?" Hermione asked walking up the stairs.

"Strange?"

"You hear this voice, voice you can hear. And then Mrs. Noris turns out petrified. It's just.. strange."

"You think I should've told them? Dumbledore and the others I mean."

"Are you mad!" Ron exclaimed dumbfounded

"No harry, even in the wizarding world hearing voices isn't a good sign" I added before continuing to walk up the stairs and inside our dormitories.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)