T R U T H •OR• D A R E

"You can't lie either, because I know when people are lying," Felicity declares smugly

Great.

Felicity's mother is a well known lawyer who taught Felicity everything she knows about spotting a liar, and Felicity, convinced she is going to end up on CSI Miami sometime soon, uses it to her advantage. I remain perfectly still, my eyes on the floor as two jars filled with balled up paper are put into the middle of the circle.

"To make it fair, I have put ready made truth and dare questions. So you can opt for those, that way nothing gets personal."

There are a few grumbles but I feel relieved- there's nothing worse than being asked to kiss someone that liked you or something equally embarrassing. A guy I don't know is up first, and he chooses dare. His dare is to swap his underwear with anyone of his choice, and thank God he picks his girlfriend. I won't give anyone my underwear, no matter what.

Sheena chooses truth, and her question is whether she was a virgin or not.

"Not," smirks Sheena, as I notice a few eyebrows raise, including Malik's. It's not news to me, but I'm surprised she didn't lie, considering people are clearly judging her already by the looks on their faces. Sheena selects me next, and feeling brave, I choose Dare. My hands are clammy as I pick the paper out of the jar, my fingers trembling as I open it.

Text the 4th person in the contact list of the person to your left and ask them if they want a striptease. Person giving you the number must give you the contacts initials only.

What?

I glance at the guy to my left who raises his eyebrow inquisitively. He's good looking in a pretty boy sort of way, and yet I've never seen him before in my life. But that's good, right? That means I won't know who I'm texting and I'll never have to find out.

"I need you to read this," I manage to say, giving the crumpled paper to the guy beside me, the corners of his mouth lifting as he reads it. He slides his phone out of his back pocket, his thumb scrolling against it before he looked up at me.

"Ready?"

I nod numbly, when Felicity appears at my side.

"Oh, I LOVE this one. Let me see, I want to make sure you do it."

"PJ, zero seven one two three, nine, nine, six, six, four, one."

PJ?

With Felicity breathing down my neck and the whole circle of people watching me, I send the unknown number a text.

📱ROSE :

Would you like a striptease?

"What if it's his Dad?" someone calls out, and I hear a guffaw behind me.

"It's his lucky day then," laughs a guy standing at the back of the room, winking at me lasciviously. My stomach churns at the thought of some old guy opening the text and stroking one off, when I realise my turn is over. I sink back down to the floor, as the guy beside me glances at me briefly. I'm desperate to ask him who PJ is, but he is soon doing his own dare, and it involves dragging an ice cube from one side of a girl's neck to the other. I check my phone with dread constantly for a reply.

Everyone is opting for dares now, and most of them involve downing wine or kissing strangers- meaning the game had pretty much come to a stop. I find Sheena sitting on Malik's lap, their tongues in a war I don't want to wade into. I hate this- being the under confident half of a best friendship means I end up walking around like a sad sap for the remainder of the night. I make my way back upstairs, wondering if I can fade into the background, when I heard a girl sobbing.

"God, he will end everything when he finds out! It was just a stupid kiss!"

I find the wailing girl crying into her hands as her friend tries to console her; failing massively as she vomits into the bush beside her.

"Jesus, Krissy! Stop drinking if you can't handle it!" her friend scolds.

I hover close by, attracted to the drama as usual. The crying girl is beautiful, short black hair and almond shaped brown eyes, which are now ringed with dark eye makeup. She pulls her phone out, jabbing at it before whining.

"Hi, it's me. Look before you say anything- what? Wait-"

Whoever is on the call ends it abruptly, and the girl stamps her feet with frustration. I swear, whatever school or college they are from, I don't envy them much. Krissy stands up, wiping her mouth slowly before she turns back to the bush to be sick again.

It's enough to put you off alcohol for life.

I spin around, determined to find Sheena and leave, when I see Fletcher walking towards me. It's almost like slow motion, his eyes flickering in recognition before the girl to my right began shouting at him.

"Which one of your brain dead bitches sent my boyfriend a photo of me kissing you?!"

Fletcher stares at her with confusion, before he glances back at me.

"What? Chill out man, it was just a dare."

"So?!" The girl shrieks, now irate beyond belief. "He just dumped me. Because of you!"

Fletcher exhales, folding his arms across his chest as I gaze at his muscles longingly.

"Listen, sugar tits, I don't even know you or your man. But if he's dumped you over some fucking party game then that's not my issue is it? No."

Fletcher turns away then, walking back up to me as my heart did somersaults in my chest.

"Uh, are you Rosie?"

"What?" I whisper, checking around me to make sure there isn't another girl with a name like mine just standing behind me.

Fletcher looks at me with exasperation, running a hand through his hair as he waves a hand in front of me.

"Are. You. Rosie?"

"It's Rose, but yes, why?"

"It's your friend, Sheena. She's passed out."

This is now published and on KU, you can find the link in my bio or DM me ;)