Y O U • G O T• A N Y• I D ?

"Why don't you girls stay here for once? I can order pizza-"

"Dad, I'm sorry, but Sheena is expecting me and I've got to get two buses. I don't want to be out in the dark, not in town anyway."

I know that'll work, because my Dad is anything if not cautious. He nods briskly, pulling me into a bear hug. I do love my Dad, but he really needs to calm it on the parental front. Even Mum is more relaxed than him, and she is always stressing out. Perks of being a manager I guess.

"I can pick you up tomorrow if you want, I'm coming back that way around noon?"

"That would be great. See you tomorrow!" I call cheerily, digging in my bag for my bus pass. I need to pass my driving test already- I'm so over living so far away from everything. School is two bus rides away, if it was a sunny day I'll walk, but it still takes close to a hour. Some days I don't mind though, and quite enjoy the walk.

My fingers brush the cool plastic of my bus card, and I hurry towards the bus stop, checking over my shoulder constantly to make sure a bus wasn't sneaking up on me. It's raining, and I curse living in England. I mean, it's beautiful and all, with its lush greenery and little cottages, but the weather is just miserable. It isn't just wet and rainy, it's freezing. I wrap my leather jacket around me, shifting my weight from one foot to the other before the yellow glow of headlights alert me to the bus travelling towards me.

I push my earphones into my ears as I locate a seat, hoisting my bag onto my lap. I avoid making eye contact with the groups of friends on the bus, all clearly heading into town judging by their outfits and excited voices. Soon, my music drowns them out, and I rest my head on the window, the rumble of the bus comforting me as it drove through the slick streets.

Almost an hour later I'm walking up Sheena's drive, feeling almost ready for bed as opposed to a night out. I push open the door to hear music blasting from Sheena's room, so I make my way up there. The room looks like a bomb has gone off, a mixture of coloured fabrics littered the bed, which I move so that I can perch on the edge. Sheena is sat cross legged in front of a large mirror, caking her face in make up that she really didn't need.

"Oh God, you're late! Quick, get ready. We've got a taxi booked to pick us up in an hour."

An hour?

I shrug, not understanding what she is so worried about. I could cook a meal for six in that time, or read half a book. An hour-

"What are you wearing?" Sheena eyes me in the mirror, one smoky gold eye examining my reflection mercilessly. "I'm wearing my gold strappy top, jeans and heels."

"I was going to wear this with a blazer and jeans," I shrug, pulling out a shimmering green vest. It is perfect against my tanned skin, which I thank my mother for. She is olive skinned, and that I was grateful for. My dad is a typical Englishman- pale with freckles. I've inherited his green eyes though, and Mum swears that's what made her fall in love with him.