6

Khalil

I was sitting on the bed in the psych ward reading over some words in the manual Since it was my last day. I've been in here so fucking long I don't even know what the real world is like at this point.

I was thinking to myself reading and eating some cereal before I heard my name get called

"Khalil."

I turned around staring at the nurse she had came to bring me my medicine and candy before I left and told me my aunt was gonna pick me up in 30 minutes.

I fucking hate this medicine. I don't think I actually need it. I'm not even crazy.

"Your Auntie will be here to pick you up soon. Put these clothes on. Yes, because of your good behavior you're free to go."

The reason Im here is because I ALMOST killed my ex girlfriend and the boy she was cheating on me with.

When My mom left me forever because well she died. and that's when I met Amaya.

I told her everything about how I got abused by my step dad and my grandparents and treated badly and she was my only source of happiness.

My mom was the main source of the way I acted. I never judged her or anything she had to do what she had to do. She didn't want us to be poor.

And we weren't. We lived in a good ass home. . But anyways as good as a mother she was she still couldn't handle taking care of me and my brother. So she took some pills and overdosed.

I would Always getting into something like fighting and getting kicked out school. Until I met Amaya. I was finally happy. I did everything for Amaya.

Because I just wanted her attention. I didn't care. As long as she talked to me. but it was almost as if she lost interest in caring for me after a while. Like she got tired of me being around. Like I was such an burden to even talk to. Like she was embarrassed of me. And then once she met what she called her "boy best friend" she said he was gay. My dumbass believed her. Then she changed

And I hated her for that.. That she loved him more than me. I hated everything about him. After I did everything I could for her.

But thats not why I did it. Why I did what I did.. She knew I loved her. and she still did it. Cheated on me.

My father was never around. So all I had was my mom. Then my mom left so I had nobody to talk to except Amaya the love of my life.

But one night while I was asleep he I got sent a video of he fucking on her. My love of my life.

And I gave her my virginity the day before that video surfaced.

So I found out where they was at and it was some party.

I grabbed that nigga by his shirt and repeatedly started stabbing him. With this box opener cutter thing. Beating the fuck outta him. His skull was almost broken type shit.

And then Amaya pulled me off him and I punched her in her neck. I don't even hit girls but it was like my whole world went blank and I just did it without thinking.

But afterwards she hated me. She started screaming shit to me like saying she wished she never met me and how she hopes I fucking die.

And now here I am at a fucking psych ward.

When I get out I'm getting my revenge. I remember her address. She's gonna be mines. Forever fuck what everybody else got to say. She's mines forever. And if she changes her mind then I'm killing her.

I'm just fucking glad I'm leaving this hoe ass place. I lied my ass off about being happy. And not having those "deadly thoughts"

Everybody has these thoughts. I'm fucking normal. Not crazy. Normal. Like evrybody else.

But my aunt lives in California now. And that's where I gotta be at. Fucked up shit Right? Exactly.

The institute was nice enough to let me visit my aunt every 2 months. My aunt was always there for me. Even when I didn't need her to be. She's a nurse.

Been a nurse for some time now. She used to be a kindergarten teacher for 3 years But switched schools because the principal weirded her out. Then became an 7th grade teacher for an year teaching history

An then a 6th grade substitute while working on her degree. Now she's been an nurse for about 5 to 10 years. And she's only 30 something. I think 35 or 36. She not even that old. She doesn't look old too.

My hair was so long since cutters weren't allowed in the place. It's been growing since I've been in here. Which was in ending of 9th grade. And now I'm in like 11th grade. So 2 years.

But that was one year ago.
When I first got out the institute. I didn't want my hair shaved down. Until my aunt made me cut it. but it gre back out and now it's in little twists And I got it dyed brown in some spots.