33

Chapter 33: Finally Out

There are currently nine cloaked people running in the forest. They all ran in the same pace, the same style and they wore uniformed cloaks that made it impossible to determine who's who. They were silent and they were moving in perfect sync despite the absence of three people, namely Hachi, Ni, and Shi.

"Ten people, south, east, and west. Fifteen ahead." Roku said in a voice enough for his siblings to hear.

"South." Juu presented as he slowed down a little until he reached the back of their formation.

"East." Shichi said, switching positions with Yon who was in the East.

"West." Ichi volunteered since she was positioned in the West.

"I'll take the North, then." Rei said since she was leading the run.

"I'll assist." Ku said, running in a slower pace since he is specialized in long range combat.

"Wait for my signal." Rei instructed and they nodded, completely agreeing to their commander.

The Quixote Mafia members who were surrounding them tensed when they saw them shuffling their positions, like chess pieces readying for their defense and offense. This is how they worked before, when the mafia was disbanded. Seeing that they're using it against the person who taught it to them made the Quixote Mafia members think about how brave they are.

"South." She said and Juu immediately understood that.

"Understood." He came to an abrupt stop before turning around, creating a scythe out of fire before running forward to meet the people dashing towards them.

"West."

"Understood." Ichi faced the West, stopping and sending webs to the ten people there, trapping them. She built two daggers with her webs before running towards the trapped Quixote Mafia members.

"East on the count of three." Shichi nodded, waiting for her to count. "One, two, three. Enjoy the chase." Shichi only chuckled before turning to the east, the two lion cubs running behind him suddenly became bigger than the normal lions.

"South, commence." She sped up, creating large chains. When she reached the place where fifteen people were hiding, they all went out, ready to attack them but she swung her chains forcefully at the armed members on the left, sweeping them off the way.

The siblings who were left, Roku, Go, Yon, and San continued running on the path that Rei cleared for them. Yon, the vice commander, was leading his siblings on the run.

"Three ahead." Roku informed Yon who immediately assigned.

"San."

"Sure." San took a dagger from the insides of his cloak, running into a shade from a tree and jumping inside. He reappeared in front of the three men waiting to ambush them and immediately slit their throats, not wasting any more time.

Yon and the other two ran past them and after a few seconds, San caught up. Juu also arrived as he ran beside San, Ichi arriving after. The next was Shichi with his two almost gigantic lions and the last were Ku and Rei.

Rei roamed her eyes to count all of them, and when she counted all, she announced the number.

"All.." twelve. She smiled bitterly. She used to say 'All twelve,' but that's not the case now. "All nine."

"Nine, huh?" Go mumbled, enough for Roku to hear who was beside him. Roku chuckled, shaking his head.

"Hearing you say that kinda hurts, Commander." The others nodded in agreement and it made Rei smile.