11

Chapter 11: Admiring Her

Hisoka stayed outside her house for a few hours pondering over his decisions. He just stood there, leaning against the wall and having a staring contest with the ground. He had his mind working all throughout the time that he was outside but he still hasn't found an answer.

"Hisoka?" He looked back, hearing Hisashi's soft voice calling him. She was peeping from the door. Her hair that reached her knees was wet. "What are you doing here?" She asked, getting out of the house and stopping in front of him.

"I'm just thinking about some things." He answered, staring straight to her eyes. His eyebrows furrowed, noticing something.

"What things?" Hisoka only stared at her, making her cock her eyebrows. "What?"

"Just how much burden am I to you?" Hisashi widened her eyes at his question.

"What are you saying?"

"Your aura earlier showed how much you've been going through all these time. It showed how heavy your shoulders are with responsibilities, and it showed how you are feeling all these time." Hisashi pursed her lips, clearly weirded out by how he acted.

"Why are you so dramatic?"

"Just answer me. How much burden am I to you?" Oh my geez, he's serious. She sighed, crossing her arms.

"All those emotions that my aura contains, you aren't included in those." Hisoka looked at the ground and Hisashi can seriously see a sulking baby in front of her.

"Am I not a burden to you?"

"You are. I mean, you always made sure to tire me out, and you even tell me that I'm so clumsy that you don't think I'm strong. Oh, not to mention that you tease my cooking then eat like you've been starved for years." As Hisashi continued to babble about him being a 'burden,' all he could do was to smile.

In front of him was a lady who was enraged earlier, a lady whose responsibilities he didn't know were sure to throw her off but she kept standing with her chin up, a lady who bears the sorrow and the pain all throughout these years by herself, the lady who was so strong on the outside but crumbling inside, and a lady who managed to smile despite of all those rage she showed. And there he was, sulking like a baby in front of her when there is nothing to sulk for.

"And it's so obvious that you aren't listening, so let's go inside and just eat."

"Can I eat you instead?"

"Hisoka!"

He will make sure to fix this broken lady in front of him.

When afternoon came, Hisashi sat on the railings on her veranda, her hair which was once again damp because she took a bath once again because of the mess Hisoka made out of her dancing with the wind that hit her face. Hisoka, whose hair was also damp and down was beside her, his arms placed above the railings as he leaned on it. From where they are right now, they can see the city from afar, as well as the sun setting in front of them. The yellow-orange hue of the sun basked two figures who had their eyes fixed in front of them, thinking of nothing.

"Hisoka, let's have our final battle two months from now." Hisashi said out of the blue, making him turn his head towards her.

"What? Why?" He asked, slightly shocked since she set a time for him to finish what he really wanted. It will be the time when they would decide who is stronger, a time when they will part. She met his gaze, smiling slightly.

"That's because if we do it after my battle with those guys earlier, I'm not sure if I would still be alive."

"Then how can you be so sure that you would be alive after your battle with me?" He asked, expecting Hisashi to keep silent but to his shock, she turned her head and gave him a wide smile.