Build My Dreams #12

Lionel gave his guest a soft smile as he took a seat beside her legs. She was well rested under the sheets of his bed, and he didn't mind at all. He knew how hard it was for her last night. Never had he felt so much hatred for one man in his life. To do such a thing to an innocent woman like that. To call her just vile names, it was just disgraceful. When he got his hands on Sergio Ramos… He asked if she needed anything, and she just shook her head. It was still the morning after, it was just peakig twelve o clock in ten minutes. Adalinda felt like a complete turd for crashing at his place over night. Maybe Sergio had been right. She would think over and over again to herself. She did just meet the guy yesterday, the day she broke up with her previous boyfriend. Now look at her. In bed with another man already. Maybe Sergio was right. Though she would always shake that thought out of her head. She wasn't going to embrace the names. Not again at least.

"How's your lip?" Addie asks Lionel with a hoarse voice. He was surprised by her kindness. Here she was laying beside him with a sore throat from crying all night by an asshole, asking how he had been. As if she wasn't going through her own trouble. Most girls wouldn't have done that. Lionel told her it was healing just fine with her help, and told her to rest up her voice. She cracked a small smile. Her phone rang in the not too far distance, Lionel got up to get it.

"Who's this?" Lionel greeted the second he picked up the phone. He hadn't seen the contact name.

"Sergio, who's this?" The voice calls back. Lionel knew it wasn't Ramos because he had a different pitch in his voice. "This is Canales. Her ex boyfriend. Are you her current boyfriend?" Sergio seemed nice, though there was a hint of overprotectiveness in his voice. A hint of a territorial tone. Sergio didn't who this was at all.

"Oh no. I'm just a friend." Something he would hope to change soon. Adalinda seemed like one of a kind to him. "Would you like to speak to her?" He asks in the nicest way possible to which Sergio replied that he would. Lionel handed Addie the phone who had her eyebrows stitched together in confusion. He mouthed the word 'Canales' to her and she took the phone without another second to spare. He wondered how long they've dated while they spoke to each other.

"Is everything alright in Valencia?" Addie asked with worry in her voice. Sergio cringed at the sound of it, it was just above a whisper, trying to fight the soreness of her throat. "Are they bullying you there? Do I have to beat someone's ass." Lionel chuckled, as with Sergio at the same time. She was always one selfless person.

"No, no Addie it isn't."

"Oh is this about your jersey then?" Had she really not been getting why he called in the first place? Sergio thought to himself, disregarding the fact she had one of his old jerseys. "Cause I could-"

"I don't want it back Addie, thanks though." He chuckled, not able to resist how adorable she was. Clearly she hadn't turned on the tv or read any magazines, or Internet articles lately. The news of the fight buzzed around quickly as if it were the cure of AIDS. Not knowing how to fully get her to realize she was front cover news, he asked how she had been after last night.

"Had better nights. I feel a tad bit better." She sat up from the bed with the help of her free hand. "You sure everything is good? No one is being mea–"

"Adalinda I'm more concerned with what had happened last night if anything. I know about the fight. I know about the names he had called you. Do you understand that you're going to have to have a press conference to clear all this up? So many people have already written so many lies about you." Sergio's voice dripped with deep concern for his once girlfriend. No one deserved what was happening to her. How everyone believed in what Ramos had said, thinking that she was only with them for the fame, fortune, and fucking. Hell, the press conference might be able to clear up some things, but it wouldn't change the many lies people have already sunk into their heads. He knew. He was on the other side of something similar.