Build My Dreams #2

Build My Dreams (Marcelo Vieira/Sergio Ramos)

[Addie.]

I departed from our condo around ten thirty in the morning, but I didn't start job hunting until it was twelve. Half the time I spent sight seeing, and doing photography. Madrid just had so much to offer with its rich culture, buildings, and everything else in between. This place was so lively! Living here would be amazing. Though with getting sidetracked, I had to squeeze in as many interviews as I could find.

My first few job interviews were at places like Starbucks, and small restaurants. Honestly, in college I majored in photography, writing, and music education. I wasn't planning on getting any serious jobs yet. In the midst if all the action, I bought myself a newspaper, and went straight to the job listings. There was one job opening close to where I was standing, so I entered the building. Cosette had called me, but I told her I was about to go to an interview.

Introducing myself to the woman at the front desk, I asked when I could get my interview done for. She told me no walk ins were allowed for this particular interview. Pursing my lips, I huffed. When I asked why she told me to get out. That pissed me off real badly. Just as I was about to exit the building, I saw a woman walking out of a room looking distressed. Poor woman. Before the door fully closed, I saw a man shaking his head sadly, clearly disappointed. That must've been the guy who was doing the interviews.

Once I knew the other woman at the desk wasn't looking at me, I snuck into the hallway. My stupid heels kept clicking against the floor, but that didn't stop me. The goal was one thing, and one thing only. Get into that interview room. No matter what. It was natural for me to go against someone's orders.

"Hi, I'm Adalinda Thompson." I introduced myself, as I entered the room, closing the door behind me. A smile spread across my face as I looked at the man before me. Handsome nonetheless. He looked so familiar to me. With his long hair falling on the side of his face, slightly tanned skin, and tattoo on his wrist. Instantly his face clicked. "You're the guy who kicked Lionel Messi from behind during a FIFA match. Right?" I asked him with certainty, as I took the seat near him.

"Yeah, Sergio Ramos." He shook his hand with mine. The smile never came off my face. I knew I saw him from somewhere. "You remember that?" Sergio seemed generally surprised, and amused at the same time.

"Sure as hell do. I hate Messi, least favorite in Barcelona." My face scrunched up in disgust. Barcelona F.C. was my least favorite sports team ever. I wasn't a lunatic fan of the sport, occasionally I would watch it. But when I do, I would vote for any other team than Barcelona. I have no idea why, it started in my first game. Real Madrid versus Barcelona. One of the players were exceptionally handsome on Madrid, and I immediately dubbed them my favorite team then. Sadly, that game they lost, and since then I've hated Barcelona.

"I like you already." Sergio mused with a grin on his face.

"Oh thanks." I playfully pushed him back. "Uhm, not to seem unprofessional, but what job am I actually being interviewed for?" Sergio laughed at that as if it was a big joke, and I could only laugh nervously. "I'm not kidding." Was what I said to him after our laughter died down. I further explained to him that I ran in here because the woman at the front desk provoked me to.

"Cecilia? How so." He leaned forward to get a good hear. He acted as if it was the latest gossip on E! news. I told him how she practically kicked me out, and pissed me off. So this was my way at getting back at her. He shook his head with an amused smile. "This is a job interview as a personal assistant." To think I could actually step into something like this.

"Oh, what are those now?" I asked. Sergio explained to me that as a personal assistant, you'd have to make yourself available to whom they were working for at all times. They would pick up their dry cleaning, get their coffee, making sure appointments were settled, and other things similar to that. It sounded pretty crucial and time consuming, but he explained that it wouldn't be as bad as it sounded. Also, they pay was fantastic so I had to say I wanted to do it. I needed money, and I needed it fast. I wanted to pay the first year on the place where we resided in. Knowing we were on the higher side of town, it was a lot to pay for. But this job could get me atleast the first two or three months paid and done.