Build My Dreams #14 - End

[Cosette.]

"Cosette! Cosette!" Adalinda came rushing up to me with the biggest smile on her face. She's been nothing but smiling since her boyfriend came back, but this time it was bigger. She was glowing. Canales has been here for a little over a week, but soon enough he would be having to return to his home. As for Ramos, I gave up on him. If he would've just made his move sooner than he did, he would've been the one making Addie smile. Honestly, I feel bad for him, I really do. But it wasn't my fault. I was happy that Adalinda was happy. I cared more for her than I did Sergio, so I casted him aside. He seemed miserable for the past few days, but there was honestly nothing I could do for him now. Adalinda was set, and happy. I wasn't going to tear that away from her by forcing Ramos upon her. I knew where she was coming from. The way she smiled with Canales was the way I smiled with Marcelo. Marcelo made me feel on top of the world, complete with life, and content with everything. He made me see the world in a different way as corny as it sounded. A boyfriend gave you a more positive outlook on life. Who was I to deprive my best friend of that?

"Yes?" I say with a smile. We were back in Madrid. Had been now for three days. I was still finishing up my first round of scheduled appointments, until we start over from the beginning. As of now I was home. Marcelo was doing overtime at training since Mourinho called for it.

"Please. I know that this is crazy, but I want to move with Sergio to Valencia." I nearly choke on my drink, but let her talk. "I know it's crazy, but I have some seriously strong feelings for him! We were talking last night about how he was leaving in two days, and how I didn't want to break up with him, but at the same time not have long distance. So he offered to let me live with him! Like I said, it's crazy-" I nodded my head. "But I don't think I can stand to be away from him. So please support me on this idea." She practically begged. No seriously, she was on her knees in front of me.

"This'll change everything. We'll be apart." I frowned at the thought of my best friend not being with me anymore. Since we were younger we've been together. Always. Same buses, same classes, same block we lived in, graduated together, bought an apartment together. Now that wasn't going to happen anymore.

"I know. But it might be a good experience for us! We'll call everyday; and we'll video chat and everything. There will be no way I'm losing you as my best fucking friend ever Cosette." Adalinda smiles cheekily. I pull her in for an embrace. "I'll miss you."

"Shut up. We'll talk everyday." My voice cracked at the thought of her leaving.

"Don't cry. I'll cry." She frowned, her eyes watering.

"Adalinda!"

"Cosette!" We wailed together as we hugged it out. And that's how we had spent the rest of the day. Just hugging, and packing. As it turns out, she was going to leave in two days. She only had two days to say goodbye to everyone else. Tomorrow she'll be telling everyone else, the next day we were going to spend with each other, then the third day I'll watch her drive away with Sergio.

"I hate you. You know?" I say to her, as I open the door for Marcelo, who had knocked in the door. It was nearing seven in the evening, it seemed like it was only eleven when eleven in the morning when she told me she was leaving. Time flies. Not in a good way, not ever. Sergio was beside him as well, with a huge smile on his face. "Hey Canales." I smiled as I greeted the guy, who greeted me with two kisses on the cheek. Marcelo planted a kiss on my lips as he passes by me. In his hand was a bottle of wine, and Marcelo held up a bag, of what I assumed had food in it. "You're really celebrating the separation of two best friends. This is a heartbreaking moment!" I pout, making Marcelo hug me around the shoulders.

"It's okay minha linda." I could feel the smile on his face as he says this. The stubble of his facial hair tickles my cheek, and I giggle. "See? All you need is me to make you smile." Marcelo boasts as he rubs his stubbly self on my face. I let out a hearty laugh, as I fight to push him away. "I love you." He randomly says. I could feel my cheeks and ears heat up in happiness. Oddly enough, we hadn't really said it to each other that much. But it wasn't like you need to say it everyday to prove it was true.