Don't Go

(Wooo I'm on an angst roll and I really liked this suggestion from  theoneandbonely soooo hope you enjoy angst)

(Also this is set an au where you can see colour when you meet your soulmate but everything turns grey once they die)

(They're about 14)

Phineas' Pov

We had just finished cleaning up the remains of an invention after something hit causing it to explode every where, out of instinct I had grabbed Isabella close to me which yes caused me to get more scrapes and cuts but I didn't really care after all it meant Isabella was okay.

It's not weird to think of your friend as the most precious thing in the world that needs to be protected at all costs right? Even if I don't grab the others like I did Isabella doesn't mean anything... totally.

I bring myself out of my thoughts as I feel two gentle hands guide me inside "Phineas your cuts are bleeding a lot! We need to get those patched up!" Isabella exclaimed as she pushes me into a seat and grabs the needed supplies. She holds my arms firmly yet also gently as she tends to me, sometimes it confuses me how Isabella is great at so many things at once it's astounding sometimes like when she's so cute and beautiful yet can terrify even Buford is scared of her...

Did I just call her cute and beautiful I mean she is but... why is my face heating up... If she sees me blushing then she might think I like her... d-do I like her?

Once again I am brought out of my thoughts as I hear the others walk in "What the heck even was that!" The toughest of them complains as Ferb rolls his eyes at him "those really hurt!" Baljeet pouted, rubbing one of his scrapes "Stop being a wimp aside from girly you got the least damaged! Phineas some how getting the worst." He gestures to me and Izzy. I draw my attention back to Isabella as I see her deep blue eyes look to my eyes, hers had a glaze of concern over them "Are you alright you haven't really been saying much... you didn't hurt your neck or throat right?" She stops and stares straight into my eyes, her hand still on my wrist as her thumb is edging it's way to the back of my hand. My heart begins to race, once again I feel my face begin to heat up and there's a certain fuzziness starting in my stomach "No, yeah, I'm good, didn't hurt my throat, I guess I just been in my head thinking a lot!" I chuckle to which she giggles and continues "Thank you for grabbing me... You didn't have to but you did and uh well." She finishes by hugging me, which doesn't help with the racing heart but nonetheless I pull her close and hug her back slightly gripping the pink cloth on her back. "Izzy I know I didn't have to but I... It was just my instinct I really care you and well I want you to be okay!" I say slightly quieter given that I am right by her ear "Phin. I care about you aswell so don't go putting yourself at risk especially if it's for me! I feel guilty right now and you've only sustained a few cuts!" She pull away slightly to look me straight in the face, I then realise we're only inches away of the others face.

"Just kiss already!" Baljeet exclaimed to which both Isabella and I whipped our heads round to stare at him "Baljeet!" Izzy squealed and stormed up to him to which of course hilarity ensued but all I could focus on is Isabella.

~Time skip to two day later~

Today's plans to build a taller version of those swing rides at amusement parks had been momentarily paused by the absence of certain materials. The wind was pushing heavily today as we made out way to the supply store "Wow look at how beautiful the flower is! It has such a pretty mix of orange and yellow tones!" Isabella's voice was sweet and distant now, I turn to see where she is to see her kneeling whilst cradling a rather eye catching flower! "You can see colour! You know what that means!" A woman who looked late twenties maybe early thirties giggled as she patted Izzy on the back, this elicited a confused reaction from all of us excluding Ferb, "I think she's talking about how you finally see colour once you've met your soulmate and how it disappears once they die." Ferb stated matter-a-factly.

Is that true? But I can't remember ever having not seen colour... does that I met my soul mate at a very young age?!

"But I've always been able to see colour..." all four of us exclaim, Ferb just smirked knowingly and walked off.

~time skip~

We're building the ride when Ferb taps my shoulder "huh we're missing a bolt... where could that have gone..." I try to remember back to when we began building.
I got a bit of a higher look when I climbed up a bit. The sun bounced off of something small between the grass about a few inches away from the base of the ride.

I quickly walk over to it and pick it up "Hey Ferb I foun-!" The ground began rumbling setting everyone and everything off balance "WHOA WHAT'S HAPPENING!?" Baljeet called out. Suddenly it all stopped but before I could regain normality I hear a wail "PHINEAS!" her high pitched voice rang throughout my ear as I was propelled backwards, this was followed by a heartbreaking cry of pain.

Isabella... ISABELLA!

(Beware angst and character death up ahead)

I scrambled toward the raven haired girl. Almost three quarters of her body was covered by the machine, her cheeks were quickly becoming tear stained and her usual joyful eyes were replaced with the look of utter aching. "GET HELP!" I cry to the other three, Baljeet seemed to be frozen in terror, Buford was clearly scared but was still attempting to get Baljeet to snap out of it and Ferb well he had already ran in to phone for help.
My attention is drawn back to Isabella as I hear her cross of coughing and sobbing "Ev- Everything Hurts!" She coughs out, I feel my entire being begin to shake as tears fall and I gently grab her hand "Try not to move!" I exclaimed when I started stroking her hand.

Her breathing started to slow and get more and more ragged, I began to notice certain things began to drain of colour.

No... no she can't die, she's still so young! There's so many things she hasn't done... I never got to properly be her soulmate!

"Isabella please don't leave me... I can't not have you around!" I spoke in a hushed tone I stare into her beautiful blue eyes "Phineas..." she choked out "Don't go... I... I love you!" My voice shakes and goes quieter. Isabella's open mouth twists into a somber smile "I... I love you too... don't..." she coughs a lot as if her lungs are struggling to work, "Don't forget about me..." she completes, her eyes staring back into mine but now they're losing colour...
All colour in my life ceases to exist as the light in her eyes leave, as her breathing comes to a halt and as her hand gives mine one last squeeze before going limp.
Unintelligible noises come from me as I can no longer control the shaking and sobbing of my body.

Everything's silent, mind numbingly so, I glance down to the grey flowers that lay in my shaking hands. I hope that these are pink or just colourful in anyway that Isabella would love. "Phineas..." I hear her footsteps come closer until they are in line with mine "Mrs Garcia-Shapiro... I'm sorry I uh just wanted to bring these... flowers." I mumble not moving my head "Pink. She would love them..." Vivian's voice shook, the knowledge that they we're indeed pink sent me over the edge, tears begin spilling out my eyes. "They're pink.." a small gasp can be heard "You can't..." she doesn't finish her sentence.
I walk forward and gently place the flowers next to her headstone "I... We were... Everything turn grey when she..." I kneel infront of her grave when a hand is gently placed onto my shoulder "I loved her... more than anything, now she's gone... because of me..." I can't hold back the sobs, at this point I don’t try, they gain higher ground everytime.

"Ella te amaba. I know she did."

(Wooo I didn't even expect this to be that angsty! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I had what may as well be prelims so that's fun)