Chapter 8

"You did what?!" Lexie exclaimed.

"Who, not what Lexie," I calmly replied. I motioned for her to calm down since we were in the densely populated cafeteria.

"Mark Sloan, the famous plastic surgeon, our attending! You were here for less than 24 hours," she underestimated me. After laughing for a couple seconds she added silently, "You're a bigger whore than I remembered." I replied with a stern look.

"It was a one time thing, I'm not a whore. It was fun, I don't regret it," I proudly said. Lexie was one person I talked about my sex life to, and the same for me to her. But the only slutty thing she's done in her entire life was sleep with her professor to get a grade from an A- to an A. What a nerd, I love her.

"I slept with Alex," she blurted. I almost spit out my coffee. Alex Karev?! Didn't he spread syphilis through the entire hospital? I abruptly looked up from my cup with a wide gaze aimed at her soft, hazel eyes. "I know, I know believe me. It was a rash decision and he turned out to be the ass I knew he was." She looked directly at my obnoxious finger tapping on the table. I swear if he hurt her.

"What did he do?" I asked impatiently, ready to give a certain someone a peace of my mind.

"Nothing, calm down, mom. He just gave it to me straight and didn't give a second thought about it after. Frankly I didn't care, we only did it about five times..." I dropped my jaw and stopped tapping.

"Wow, okay. Let's talk more later, I've got surgery with Shepard," I exclaimed with enthusiasm. She laughed at me with her childish giggle, then walked across the hall. Alex Karev, yet another person I have found to dislike here.

"Good afternoon Dr. Shepard, I have the contrast MRI results that you ordered," I said. He nodded and smirked greatfully.

"Good take Mr. Chen into pre-op, I'll see you in an hour," he left without saying another word.

I walked into patient room 312 and was surprised to find Sloan conversing with Mr. Chen. "What are you doing in here?" I blatantly asked.

He looked up and smiled at me, "Going over some things with Mr. Chen before pre-op, shall I continue?" I gave him a confused look, then nodded before leaving the room. Why is Mark scrubbing in on a craniotomy? I was planning on avoiding him today. I have to scrub in on a craniotmy with him? I was going to enjoy watching and assisting in a nice tumor resuction, I won't be able to focus if he's beside of me for six hours. This tumor better be good, brain tumors usually brightn up my day.

While still picturing what it would be like in the operating room, Sloan came up to me. I guess we should be on a first name basis, but I don't want it to be complicated. "I didn't see that you were on this case, was it in the file?" I asked immidiatly, not wanting an akward silence.

"If it was, would you have changed your mind about scrubbing in?" Sloan teased. "Did you not see the note? I was getting coffee, I didn't want to wake you," he added. I sat there, unsure what to say. It sounds like it wasn't a one night stand to him, but I'm not going to make any major conclusions. I stared at my feet and then at his eyes once more before making an answer, his eyes are mesmorizing.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I needed to shower and get to work. I can't be late on my second day of work now can I?" I tried to keep the conversation light, without flirtation, but Mark defeated my intention entirely. He brushed his soft, warm hands along my right cheeck and gently pushed the hair out of my face. The touch sent sensations throughout my body, I blushed. My mind wandered to last night, the way he caressed my skin so, so tenderly. I need to step away before I lose myself. "You never told me what you're doing on this surgery?" I asked, trying to regain composure.

"Mr. Chen has asked me to remove a tattoo from his lower necks, he requested for the surgeries to happen simultaneously and Dr. Shepard didn't have a problem with it. Anymore questions?" He asked. I couldn't determine if my question irritated him or simply just didn't interest him becuase his tone changed from the last time he spoke. Why should he be annoyed?

I decided to ignore his tone and modestly leave the conversation with, "Our patient needs to go into pre-op, I'll see you in surgery." As I turned to walk away a hand suddenly grabbed my hip and spun me around, facing Mark again. He leaned in to kiss me and I gave into my temptaion. Our lips collided and he ran his hands throughout my hair and down my body, careful not to touch my back. After a few seconds he pulled away, winked and walked down the hall, not looking back. I stood there, trying to recollect what just happened, when I saw someone ran towards me.

"One time thing huh?" Lexie asked.

"I have no idea what just happened, believe me."

"It looks like you're hooked, on Dr. Sloan," I didn't want to believe what she said was true, but she's absolutely right. He is the equivalent to drugs, and I need to quit before I get addicted.

-----------------------------

A/N

So sorry for the wait! I couldn't find inspiration to write. But I saw some requests to update and found some, I'm glad you guys enjoy 'Crash Cart'. Many more juicy chapters to come, I will start updating more frequently. As always, votes and comments are always appreciated. Thanks you.