Chapter 7

(Mark's POV)

I woke to find a beautiful woman in my arms. Her honey brown hair was sprung out across my chest, accompanied by a patch of drool. She is infatuating. Last night I was so careful not to touch her burn, but that didn't stop us from having some of the most amazing sex I'd ever had. Not only was the sex good, but the conversation after was amazing. She is so witty and the way she teases me. She's, she's amazing. I actually want to get to know her better, I haven't wanted to do that since Addison.

Before my thoughts could take over my mind I looked at my watch, it's 5:00. We have to go to work in an hour. I bet she'd enjoy some coffee.

I moved from the bed in such a gentle way that I hoped it wouldn't wake her. I've slid out of bed numerous times with other women and have gone unnoticed. But with Lillian, I was coming back. I wrote a note that explained where I was going, and headed off.

The line was about ten people deep. ten rude people deep. They kept yelling at the young girl manning the cáfe. I felt bad for her and almost told the biggest asshole off but, I saw something, someone, in the corner of my eye. Lillian was leaving? Maybe she didn't see the note. Maybe I did something wrong last night. I hope I didn't hurt her, in the sense of physical pain.

Before I had the slightest thought of going after her, she was safely in a cab, safe from my questions. But I was not safe, because my mind would conjure up reasons all day about why she left.

(Lillian's POV)

Last night was fun, really fun. Mark is great at more than just surgery. But then again, I did find another woman's thong under the bed. That didn't really bother me because it was just sex, sex with my attending. Never going to happen again, a one time thing. Now I need to focus on work and finding a place to live. I wonder where Lexie is staying. I can live with her until I find a place.

It's 5:45. I don't have time to shower at the hospital. Shit, did I pack deoderint? My hair was disheveled from last night, that man loves my hair. I gave up and threw it all into a messy ponytail, my favorite.

Complete silence comforted me as I entered the residents lounge, I am the only one here. I applied a little mascara and eyeliner before making my way to the ER. Its 6:00 and rounds are in a half an hour, gives Lexie time to re-bandage my back. I bet I know right were she is.

"Do you wanna talk about it, Ellie?" Lexie asked as she applied cream that stung like hell.

"No, nor will I ever." I answered willingly.

"What were you doing there? I thought you just broke up with him." I didn't answer her. Why does everyone pry when it's so painful to say? She continued, "Max was a bad boyfriend, you can't feel like it's your fault." I stayed silent, maybe she'll stop talking, but I know her too well to think that. "They are taking him off life support in two weeks, I thought you should know."

I finally answered her on this subject, "It's what the jerk wanted." He always got what he wanted. "Rounds are soon are you almost done?" I asked.

"Last bandage. I never got to ask you yesterday, where are you living?" That's a good question Lexie, I hope you have an answer for me.

"My car slash the hospital. What about you?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't answer with her dad. I hate him. I stood up and put my stub top on so I could face her.

"I've got an apartment with George."

"As in my intern George?" Great, how can two interns afford a place?

"Yeah, it's pretty crappy, but I've managed to spice it up. Hey, I've got a great idea. Why don't you live with us and after a little while we can get a better place. With a fire place and ooh! We could find somewhere that doesn't have roaches," Lexie answered joyfully. Roaches? It's my only choice, unless I keep sleeping with Mark, but that's out of the question. I don't want that ending up in some sort of relationship. I can't handle anything like that right now.

"That sounds great Lexie. You can show me after work, now go find out who's service I'm on today, please." She got very excited at that notion and hugged me. I hugged back, I missed her.

I would be lying to say I wasn't excited to work with Dr. Shepard today. He's exemplary as a Neurosurgeon. But I need to be professional, it doesn't help that he's handsome. I would only ever be interested in his brain if it came down to it though. Plus Lexie says he and Meredith are on and off. I would never steal another girl's man.

Stopping me in my train of thought, O'Malley came up to me apologizing for being late. I sent him to the Clinic as punishment, the clinic can't run without doctors.

Right after rounds Shepard told me to scrub in on his craniotomy, the best thing I'd heard all day.