Chapter 32

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is still September 22, 2020, and this is the last chapter. This journey has been incredible and I'm so excited to see you all on Fued, Book 2, which will be out later today. So, for one last time (in this book, that is), I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Y/n places her hand on Will's shoulder and guides his hand to her waist. "You got this! Then you just kinda bop around!"

Will smiles and giggles at her as Jonathan records it. Christmas music drifts from the radio.

"Do you always have to be filming everything?" He asks.

"No, no. Just the good stuff," Jonathan replies, chuckling.

"Are you sure people still dance like this?" Will asks skeptically.

"Hey, I'm not that old that I don't know what's happening."

"What's happening?"

"Yeah."

\--/

Y/n wraps her sweater tightly around her body, the cold winter air nipping at her. Will, her and Jonathan walk in. Nancy is already in there. She and Jonathan share a kiss. They became open about their relationship the day after Will's excorsism. Y/n and Nancy hug. After Nancy had stayed with Will and helped get the Mindflayer out, the girls had talked and moved on from their conflicts, and became good friends. i couldnt not incorporate their friendship i really wanted them to be friends

"You guys have fun!"

Y/n walks out and spots Steve pep-talking Dustin. "Okay? Now you're gonna go in there, look like a million bucks. And you're gonna slay 'em dead. Like a lion.

Dustin purs in response.

"Don't do that, okay?" Y/n chuckles, leaning over the window.

"Okay."

"Good luck, Dusty." Dustin hugs her and goes inside the building. Y/n slides into the front seat beside Steve.

"Hi, princess," he greets. 

She groans. "You think you're so slick, don't you."

He winks at her. "You know I am."

"Whatever. I just wanted to say hi to you."

"What, were you going to leave me to be alone tonight?"

"I was just going to sit down with some cocoa and watch Christmas movies," Y/n shrugs.

Steve nods and puts the car in gear. "Well, you can do that, too. With me."

Y/n squeals as he pulls away from the school. "You do realize this is kidnapping, right?"

"For starters, you aren't a kid, and it's not kidnapping if you want to go with me."

Y/n sighs. "Normally I'd argue with you, but Christmas with you sounds kinda nice."

"I know it does."

\--/

Steve grabs a blanket and hands Y/n a steaming cup of hot chocolate. She shrugs off her shoes and cuddles up beside Steve, sipping on her cocoa. 

"A Christmas Story?" He asks.

"Obviously."

About a quarter way through the movie, the doorbell rings. Steve pats Y/n's leg. "I'll get it."

He walks into his entry way and opens the door.

Billy stands there, clearly disheveled in a blue button-up shirt and jeans, holding flowers. "Is Y/n here?" He asks, his voice cracking. 

Y/n stands up and walks to the front door, crossing her arms. Steve stands behind her, glaring at Billy.

Billy hands the flowers to her. "Doll," he begins. "I'm a really horrible person. I- I beat up your best friend, was possessive over you, and I-" his voice cracks again. "I hurt you. I could barely live with that. I promised I would never hurt you and I did." He turns his palm over and glances at some messy notes written on his hand. "I completely understand if you hate me forever and will never take me back. I deserve it. But I want you to know how absolutely, genuinely sorry I am."

He sighs and looks down. "So, I just wanted to give you those flowers and say that." He turns around to leave, but Y/n grabs his arm.

"Billy. Wait."

He turns back around to look at her, a hopeful expression on his face. "Steve, can you give us a minute?" Y/n asks.

He scowls, but nods, walking away. 

"I really, really appreciate your apology. It took a while, but I can see why you needed some time. I think we both did."

He smiles weakly at her. 

"I missed you. A lot. I think having that time apart was good; we needed it. I just... I'm sorry I couldn't tell you what was happening, but I just needed to keep you safe. Clearly something is at large here, but I hope you respect the fact that I can't tell you."

He nods frantically. "I'm curious, but as long as you and your family are safe, I'm okay."

"I- I care for you, Billy. Okay? And we have a lot to work on, but I want to be with you, and I want to work on our issues together. I want to grow together."

He beams at her as she wraps her arms arond his shoulders and kisses him deeply. Snow begins to sprinkle around them as they stay in each other's arms, where they're safe.

For now.

OH MY GOD ITS OVER HOLY SHIT I LOVE YOU ALL AND WILL SEE YOU ON FUED, BOOK 2!!