Chapter 24

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is September 16, 2020. I'm sorry I've been absent. I found out that my grandfather was diagnosed with Stage 2 cancer and he is getting surgery next Friday. I don't plan on disappearing again because writing makes and keeps me happy, and the people I've met on here really brighten my spirits. However, plans change, but I'll try to give warning if I disappear again. This story will be concluding soon, and I'm really excited to start Season 3, Book 2!!

Warnings: Death and gore im so sorry

Y/n hugs Bob goodbye. "You come back to me. Ok? I can't lose you. I love you too much now," Y/n whispers.

Bob's eyes fill with tears. "I love you too, Y/n. Your like the daughter I never had."

He and Hopper slink out the door. Owens sits at the command table with the security cameras and guides Bob through the halls to the motherboard. "He made it."

Bob works on the switches, flicking them up one by one until light floods the building.

"Okay, Bob, can you hear us?" Owens asks.

"Loud and clear, Doc. Can you hear me back?" Bob responds.

"We hear you."

"All right, give me a minute," Bob mutters, fiddling with a keyboard. "Hey! I got it!" He exclaims. "I got it! Easy-peasy."

"Son of a bitch did it," Hopper mutters.

"Right, I'll meet you outside," Hopper says, turning to leave the room.

"Hold on a second, Chief," Owens says worringly, squinting at the screens. 

"What's wrong?" Y/n asks.

"West stairwell's not clear anymore."

"What's going on?" Bob asks.

"We've got some company in the west stairwell."

"I got an idea," Bob replies before hurrying back to the computer and rapidly typing.

"What the heck's he doing?" Y/n mutters. Suddenly, a whoosh sounds from the building as the sprinklers go off on the level above the monster. The creature runs back upstairs, following the sound and freeing the hallway.

"Okay. Okay, that worked!" Owens exclaims. "Now get out of there! Come on, Bob. Come on. Hey, Bob?" Owens notices the monsters slowly creeping closer to Bob.

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna guide you, okay?"

"Is there a problem?" Bob's tone is worrisome. 

"No, it's just... It's, uh, getting a little crowded up here, so we're gonna have to take this slow. All right, just start walking." Bob follows his directions. "Okay, good. Okay, now, your next right." He turns. Now, keep going, keep going, keep going..." Y/n spots a monster coming at Bob from around the corner.

"Stop!" She yells into the mic.

"What? What?!" Bob asks frantically.

"Bob, there's a door on your left, do you see that? That's a closet. Okay? Yeah, I need you to get in it," Y/n takes over. 

"What?" Bob asks breathlessly.

"Now! Right now! Get in the closet!" She yells.

He throws himself in the closet and out of sight of the cameras.

"How you holding up there, Bob? You all right?" Owens asks.

"Yeah. Yeah," Bob replies breathlessly.

"You got a pretty clear shot to the front door. You can do this, okay? You're almost home free, all right, Bob?" Y/n says.

He creeps out of the closet, but right behind him, a broom slams down on the floor. Time begins to move in slow motion. The creature rears its ugly head and begins charging at Bob. 

"Run!" Y/n screams. Joyce lets out a yell of fear.

Bob runs as fast as he can down the hallway.

"We need to go," Y/n says to her family. Hopper scoops Will up and Y/n grabs Joyce's and Will's arms. They bust out the door and hightail it down the stairs and into the lobby. 

Mike and Will collapse just outside the door. Bob bursts through the door. 

"Bob!" Y/n and Joyce cry simultaneously. 

He stops and smiles at them. im so sorry

The door bursts down and a monster attacks Bob, pinning him down with its claws. 

Y/n lets out a bloodcurdling scream and drops to her knees. "BOB! BOB!"

Joyce screams behind her, too. Hopper graps a machine gun and begins shooting at the monster, who digs it's claws into Bob's side, causing him to cry out in pain. 

It's flower mouth opens up to reveal hundreds of razor sharp teeth just before digging into Bob's chest. Blood flows from his side and neck, spilling out the side of his mouth. His hand reaches out for his girl's. 

More and more creatures run through the door, and Hopper has to drag Y/n and Joyce away from getting themselves killed. 

He runs out and locks the door, Y/n banging on it, screaming at Bob, who's eyes have glazed over. 

She collapses to the ground and clutches her sides, screaming and crying alongside her mother. 

Mike looks on in bewilderment. "What happend?!" 

"He's gone!" Y/n sobs. 

A car pulls up. Jonathan and Nancy poke their heads out. "Come on, get in! Guys, lets go. Come on!"

Hopper, Mike, Y/n, Will, and Joyce climb into the car, speeding off into the night and away from the mosnters.