Chapter 21

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is September 3, 2020. Let me paint a picture for you. It's 9:07 am on a foggy California morning. A very fat but cute corgi/chihuahua is napping on his side on a blue patterned pillow. Perched right in front of him is a phone. On that phone is the image of a young woman, about 18. She paints while glancing at the dog. Yeah, this is what I'm observing right now. My sister moved to college and is missing our dog, so we set up a Facetime call for the two of them. He can definitely hear her talking to him. Anyways, just wanted to paint a wholesome picture for you.

After getting hosed off by some creepy lab technicians, Y/n is back in the scrubs the hospital provided. 

As she begins to step into the room, Joyce and Bob are whispering quitely in the back.

"It kinda makes my idea of moving to Maine sound a little less crazy," Bob says with a chuckle.

"Oh, it's not crazy,"Joyce responds. 

Suddenly, Will wakes up. Mike bolts upright and Y/n rushes to his side. 

"Hi, bub," Y/n says with a smile.

Bob calls for a doctor outside. "Bub, how are you feeling? Are you okay?" Y/n asks.

Will opens his mouth to say something, but Bob comes back in. "Okay, they're on their way."

"Who is that?"

"What?!" Joyce asks, bewildered.

"It's me, big guy. It's... Bob."

Will still looks extremely confused. "Are you a doctor?"

Y/n and Joyce share panicked looks.

"No... I'm. Bob. Just Bob."

\--/

i know that i dont do the whole explaining time skip but i have to cause immediatly after that scene we get this gem

time skip brought to you by "so jonathan how was the pull-out"

"Do you know your name?" Owens asks.

The room has been swarmed with doctors and technicians, all carefully observing Will.

"Will."

"Full name?"

"...William Byers."

"Do you know who I am?" He asks.

"A doctor."

"Have we met before?"

"I don't remember," Will responds, dejected.

Owens looks around the room. "How about... this guy right here?" He points at Mike, who waves meekly.

Will stares at him, the wheels in his brain visibly turning.

"It's all right. Take your time, Bub," Y/n encourages. 

"That's my friend. Mike."

That took too long, Y/n thinks. 

"What about her?" Owens says, motioning to Y/n.

Will looks at her and smiles. "That's my sister. Y/n. She's the only one that's clear."

She wells up and takes his hand, kissing it softly.

"Do you remember anything about last night? About what happened?" Owens continues pressing. 

"I remember they hurt me,"  Will responds, eyes growing wide again.

"You mean the doctors?"

"No. The soldiers." Everyone in the room begins perking up. "They shouldn't have done that. It upset him."

Owens continues interogatting him, and motions for a man to wheel in a cart with a vine from the tunnels. 

"Now, Will, I just want you to tell us if you feel anything."

The technician takes a blowtorch and begins scorching the vine.

Will winces and says it stings his chest. The technician brings the flame closer and closer until Will is crying out in pain.

The technician shows no signs of letting up, so Y/n shoves him out of the way. "It's hurting him, jackass!"

Joyce shakes her head but Hopper nods and smirks proudly.

Joyce pushes Will's hair back. "Sweetie, it's ok. It's ok."

Owens turns to Y/n. "I think I need to tell them about the theory."

Y/n nods and lets Owens usher Joyce and Bob out of the room.

\--/

pov change to steve and dustin ooooh

Steve and Dustin walk side by side, sprinkling raw chopped meat on the train tracks.

Of course, Steve feels the need to share his wonderful girl advice with Dustin. 

"The key with girls is just acting like you don't care," he says nonchalantly.

"Even if you do?" Dustin asks innocently.

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts."

"Then what?"

"You just wait until... until you feel it," Steve says skeezily.

"Feel what?"

"It's like before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh... electricity, you know?" Steve says.

Dustin nods in understanding. "Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-"

"No, no, no, no, no. Like a... Like a sexual electricity."

"Oh."

"You feel that and then you make your move," he says with finger guns.

"So that's when you kiss her?" Dustin says with a smile.

"No, whoa, whoa. Slow down, Romeo," Steve exclaims.

"Sorry," Dustin responds meekly.

"Sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a, I don't know, like a lion."

 Dustin hums in understanding.

"But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a... like a ninja!" Steve says.

"What type is Y/n?" Dustin asks truthfully.

"What?! Well, um. Y/n's different. She's
different than the other girls," Steve says with a small smile and dazed look on his face.

"Yeah, she seems pretty special, I guess," Dustin says with a smirk.

"Yeah. Yeah, she is."

"But this girl's special, too, you know. It's just, like, something about her."

 "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey." Steve blabbers.

"What?"

"You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?"

"Uh, no. No."

"Okay, good. Don't."

"I won't."

"She's only gonna break your heart, and you're way too young for that shit," Steve says, thinking about Y/n being whisked off her feet by Billy.