Part 2

Reaching at the Kim Industries, you parked your scooty and huffed towards the premises, still muttering some curses at the driver and his boss because of whom your baby's light was broken. Straightening your clothes, you passed by the parking lot but halted in between, seeing a familiar car being parked there.

You stood there for a while, examining the car for a while, tapping your chin lightly. "This is familiar. Am I getting a déjà vu?" You chuckled at your own thoughts but shrugged it away and stormed inside the office. Standing in front of the receptionist, you asked her about the interview that was going to be held and later took a close look at the office.

The office building was quite big which didn't go unnoticed by you and now you noticed that the interiors were lavish too. "Still. My dad's office is the best." You chimed proudly to yourself and walked towards the given direction. You saw a few more candidates present there and got to know that the boss wasn't taking the interview but the general manager, Park Jimin.

As the candidates were going inside and then coming out one by one, your heartbeats increased bit by bit. This job was really important for you, not for survival but for proving your capabilities. Finally it was your turn and you stood up to go inside. Your palms were sweating because of nervousness but you took a deep breath before entering inside with a small and confident smile.

You saw a man, a little older than you, sitting on the chair, looking down at the file. He looked up at you, giving you a small smile as you bowed at him to greet him. You sat before him after he gestured to you to do so and took your CV from you. "So, Miss Lee.." you nodded a little and saw him warmly smile at you making you feel at ease. He was trying to make you feel comfortable.

"Why do you want to work with us?" He raised his brows, not intimidatingly but inquisitively. You opened your mouth to reply but by then the door of the room opened ajar and you heard a very familiar voice. "Sorry man. Was caught up with the clients till late." You widen your eyes as realisation hits you.

He was the same guy whom you met on the road. This was the reason that the car was appearing very familiar to you. You gulped a little as the person behind you walked towards the desk. Your back was still facing him. "It's alright. It wasn't hectic. Also she is the last interviewee. I guess you can carry on with her now." Jimin spoke and got a nod from him, who has now come and stood before you.

You gulped a little, looking down immediately as he was the same guy. Now you were cursing yourself for getting into a street fight with him. Jimin left the cabin and now Taehyung looked towards you but saw your head completely lowered, making it unable for him to see your face completely.

"Umm...excuse me…? Can you please look up" he cleared his throat before sitting on his chair and you hesitantly raised your head, gulping again and again and this time he widened his eyes. "You?" He shrieked getting the familiar view of the chaotic girl, the street fighter, according to him. You tugged a random strand behind your ear, looking up to meet his eyes.

"G-Good morning s-sir…" you shuttered, mentally preparing yourself to get kicked out of the interview. Only if you could go back to time and change everything that happened. Sometimes you would curse yourself for getting a mouth without a filter, because of which you would land up in problems, just like you did now.

You looked at him as he averted his gaze from you to look down at your CV. "Lee y/n" he murmured but it was enough for you to hear. Your name sounded so alien from his mouth but you couldn't ignore the goosebumps that you got because of his deep voice. It still sounded like your old school principal though.

"Are you by any chance, the daughter of Mr. Lee Jaebong?" He squinted his gaze towards you and you nodded slightly. "Why would you want to work in some other company when your father got his own?" He closed your CV  and you took a breath in. "I want to do something on my own and not live on the liberty of my father." You answered him confidently.

"But what if people offer you a job because of your status? Isn't it a liberty in itself?" His intimidating gaze never left your face and you felt like he would bore holes into your soul. "Well…" you stopped your leg from shivering, mentally praying to your stars that he couldn't see what was happening under the table. "...I hope you won't do it." You didn't know what else to say.

He looked at you for some time before forwarding you your CV. "Join from tomorrow and collect the routine from the reception today itself." Your eyes widened again on the same day, but now it was because of happiness. "Remember a few things as you are going to work as my secretary." He spoke again, not letting you speak.

"First, I prefer diligent and punctual people rather than sycophants. Second, everything in my arena should be done in order. Third, people here do as much as they are told and I expect the same from you." You nodded your head vigorously. "Last and most importantly, I hate chaotic people." He looked at you, playing with the paper weight and saw your face harden. Of course he directed it towards you only.

"I will remember everything sir." You bowed at him and he simply nodded his head. You turned around to go back but stopped midway and looked back at him again. "I am really sorry for the morning's event sir." He looked at you as he saw you bowing at him again. "I am sorry again" "it's fine" he showed you his hand, gesturing to you to stop bowing again and again.

"But it was your fault too." You muttered under your breath before leaving his office and he sighed out because certainly, he heard you. "One mistake and I will fire her. Seriously!" He rolled his eyes before indulging himself in his work. 

||

"Miniiiiii" your shrill voice rang in the apartment as you ran inside and hugged her tightly. "What? What?" She laughed at your childishness. "I got the job Miniii....that too without dad's help." You jumped a little and she caressed your hairs lovingly. "Of course baby. You are the best after all." You squished your shoulders in excitement. "I will go and call dad."

||

After a hectic day at work, Taehyung entered inside his mansion. He greeted his dad who was sitting on the sofa in the living room but halted from going upstairs, towards his room as his dad called for him. "Yes dad." He stood before him but he tapped the seat beside him.

"Jaebong-aah called me today. I hope you already know him." Taehyung simply nodded his head, already knowing where this conversation was leading to. "He has a daughter. y/n. She was supposed to give an interview at our office and that's why her dad called me. You know he is my best friend and-" Taehyung interrupted the conversation. "I know dad. And I know he might have called you to make sure that she is offered the job and is treated well and all." Taehyung spoke and looked away uninterestedly.

He wasn't the type of a person to give someone a job because of merit. It was only because of your qualifications and own will that you got the job. Also, he has already seen how Jimin didn't approve of anyone in the list and hence gave you a shot. 

"No. He told me not to give her the privilege of being his daughter and treat her like a normal employee. Why do you judge people so easily..?" Mr.Kim patted his thigh and Taehyung's face formed an 'O' shape but later composed his form.

"Don't worry dad. I will treat her the way she should be treated. But, doesn't she know about you being her dad's friend." "No. Or else she would have applied somewhere else. She wants to do something solely on her own." He laughed a little and Taehyung simply nodded again.

______________________________________